Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the Year - tickets and voting

2»

Comments

• Options
    I was the first to vote for JJ on the list outside the club shop at 2ish. So many crucial first goals - changes games.
  • Options

I was the first to vote for JJ on the list outside the club shop at 2ish. So many crucial first goals - changes games.

Tell that to Covered End, kiely !

• Options
    Fanny, out of interset, how could the group of lads sitting in front of me have voted (as they claimed) 6 times each for Bradley Pritchard. Is this not what the voucher in your ST book is for?
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Tell that to Covered End, kiely !

Well despite the scaremongering on here, Jackson has about as much chance as winning, as Charlton have winning promotion. Weird how everyone voting for Jackson (both of you) had their memory erased just before xmas.
    Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes look, into my eyes, your under :-)
  • Options
    I think it would be unfair on Chris Solly if he were to not win. He has been our best player again but it's different now because of the expectation.
  • Options
    Stone said:

Fanny, out of interset, how could the group of lads sitting in front of me have voted (as they claimed) 6 times each for Bradley Pritchard. Is this not what the voucher in your ST book is for?

Nobody asked for my voucher.

The names were on a list and ticks placed (Solly had the most).

I also voted for the Hall of Fame, pre 1950, 1950-1980 and 80 on.

• Options
    Stone said:

Don't believe everything you hear, Stone ! Looking at the sheets of votes, I don't think they were telling the truth !

Obviously not everyone at the ground is a season ticket holder so people can vote either with a voucher, if they have one, or by calling out the name of their chosen player for us to indicate on said list. If vouchers haven't been filled in beforehand, by the time someone borrows your pen, completes the slip and tears it out of their book, several others could have been logged by thhe simple" give us a name" method. And as I stated last night, we're not overrun with volunteers of help in this type of situation.....

When you take on board the number of votes actually cast each year, should some fans decide to play the system and vote more than once, it's not going to make a lot of difference to the end result.

In fact, I'd stick my neck out and say it's a fait accompli already.

• Options
    Fair enough Fanny. I dont think you'd need someone to write down their choice on the voucher though, just surrender it and tell the collector the name of their choice. A marke pen on others matchday ticket would stop repeat votes from that angle. But if you don't think there's a big issue then 'as you were' so to speak. A thankless task.
  • Options
    Gotta be Solly, closely followed by Yann and JJ. End of.
  • Options
    Solly by a street.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stone said:

Fair enough Fanny. I dont think you'd need someone to write down their choice on the voucher though, just surrender it and tell the collector the name of their choice. A marke pen on others matchday ticket would stop repeat votes from that angle. But if you don't think there's a big issue then 'as you were' so to speak. A thankless task.

Indeed, Stone.

It's a dirty job , but someone has to do it....

• Options
    The contenders: kermo, Jackson, pritchard or solly. all worthy but i'd then narrow down to kermo and Jackson simply for the balls, passion and sheer will to succeed they have shown in the last month - from there its almost impossible to split them and so I won't - a pair of legends.