Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

URGENT - Has anyone on here had BT Infinity 'Fiber' Broadband Installed

2»

Comments

• Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I just wanted to say, trying to get BT Infinity installed has been the most miserable experience I've ever had with a big corporation. It's been utterly pathetic, and the customer services have only made it dreadfully worse.

I know they say a small percentage of customers end up in this situation, and for the most part it runs like clockwork, but having spent several hours this week on the phone to them, I honestly cannot imagine these idiots ever getting it right. An utter and complete balls up, confounded by a CS team that have no clue how to make it right.

Thus, having been switched on this morning and cancelled as soon as I got hom from work, I might be able to lay claim to the shortest tenure as a BT customer of all time.

LMFAO. If you think that's frustrating, don't ever work in IT. I ordered an SHDS (basically a leased line) at our new office four months before we moved. They still hadn't finished the commissioning on the weekend we moved in. They are absolutely fucking hopeless. You'll find the majority of BT engineers are shite - they let a load take early retirement years ago when Openreach split off and replaced them with clueless fuckwits. Most of the decent engineers went to competitors. In addition to this, the admin staff are utterly, pitilessly, mercilessly stupid. I think you could put a ctenophore into a BT line provisioning job and it would make a better fist of it than some of the clowns I've encountered working for them over the years.

Of course, even BT pale into insignificance when compared to Easynet. Don't even get me started on that muppetshow.

When I had mine installed the engineer (Openreach) rewired the copper in the local cab back to my house, he then also fixed a fault with the internal wiring in my house and left a very happy customer that had spent nearly two years trying to get intermittent dropouts stopped.

BT do not have engineers anymore, openreach do the local loop and no matter who you use you'll get them. My experience was that far from being a muppet he was a good engineer that knew what he was doing and customer service was excellent.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I just wanted to say, trying to get BT Infinity installed has been the most miserable experience I've ever had with a big corporation. It's been utterly pathetic, and the customer services have only made it dreadfully worse.

I know they say a small percentage of customers end up in this situation, and for the most part it runs like clockwork, but having spent several hours this week on the phone to them, I honestly cannot imagine these idiots ever getting it right. An utter and complete balls up, confounded by a CS team that have no clue how to make it right.

Thus, having been switched on this morning and cancelled as soon as I got hom from work, I might be able to lay claim to the shortest tenure as a BT customer of all time.

LMFAO. If you think that's frustrating, don't ever work in IT. I ordered an SHDS (basically a leased line) at our new office four months before we moved. They still hadn't finished the commissioning on the weekend we moved in. They are absolutely fucking hopeless. You'll find the majority of BT engineers are shite - they let a load take early retirement years ago when Openreach split off and replaced them with clueless fuckwits. Most of the decent engineers went to competitors. In addition to this, the admin staff are utterly, pitilessly, mercilessly stupid. I think you could put a ctenophore into a BT line provisioning job and it would make a better fist of it than some of the clowns I've encountered working for them over the years.

Of course, even BT pale into insignificance when compared to Easynet. Don't even get me started on that muppetshow.
    Feel your pain. Have been Project Managing installation of new connections to our network for 3 third party contractors.

Openreach came up with a plan to install a back haul circuit which would save us x amount in install costs and on-going costs. What they neglected to tell me was that it was all reliant on a fibre drop......we raised the purchase order in August 13 with a go live of 30th September.

The update Openreach offered today was that there are still two fibre drops in the queue in front of us.

They do not give a shit. No escalation. Account Managers full of shit.

They have offered to expidite the install.....for a mere £2500 they will give us a proposed install date! No hint when that will be though.
    HAHAHA - the old 'expedite the install' trick. I've had them pull that on me before.
    "Here's our proposal. It'll take eight weeks start to finish"
    Seven and a half weeks later...
    "Oh - you actually wanted it done by the date we promised? That'll be at least 75% more than the cost we gave you. And still not be delivered on time. And be wrong when it is delivered"
  • Options
    I'm back with Sky now, although I don't get why it's going to take two weeks to 'switch on' my broadband, given that I've had it for 6 years already and I've just moved address.

My main concern now is that BT switched my phone line on yesterday, and I immediately asked Sky to take it over. So in 14 days it'll become a sky line, but I'll still be contracted to pay BT... I was planning on using this week's experience to argue my way out of it, but not sure when to do that...
  • Options
    see Carter he will sort you out, chance of a bit of cash in hand Cart's I reckon