Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

teams promoted from league 1

Comments

• Options
    Bournemouth, Brentford and Tranmere
  • Options
    Donny Sheffield U & MK as easiest grounds to get to

Coming down it has to be the Toon
  • Options
    Definitely Bournemouth. Did the weekender with the lads for the two seasons we played them in League One and both were absolutely fantastic. So many Charlton out in the clubs in the evening last season too.
  • Options
    pig wendies grounds miles away you sure its actually in sheffield.
  • Options
    can't believe no one has suggested stevenage!

and neither will I...

Brentford, Bournemouth and Orient.
  • Options

Why tranmere?

Bournemouth brentford donny

Weekend in Liverpool vs weekend in Doncaster and another prototype stadium.

Done deal!
  • Options

Probably the only ground I won't be returning to. Were there any pubs there?

• Options

pig wendies grounds miles away you sure its actually in sheffield.

It's 2.5- 3.0 miles away from West Street where all bars and action is, tram takes 10 minutes.

Think you need an A-Z mate, or a new sat nav.

• Options

Sheffield United? have you all gone mad?

Nope! They are a decent lot

Based on what?

Utd is a better away game than Wednesday as it's more central to Sheffield.
    lol

Why lol? In terms of Sheffield City Centre, Bramall Lane is far closer than Hillsborough. That's all he was saying.

• Options

and neither will I...

Brentford, Bournemouth and Orient.

Stevenage - one of the worst away ends in football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cannot believe anyone actually wants to play Tranmere! One of the best things about getting promoted out of L1 was never having to play that bunch of time wasting, cheating anti-footballers ever again!

Also can't believe nobody has said Hartlepool. Their visits to the Valley are some of the best memories I have of L1.
  • Options
    Brentford, Bournemouth and S United

Down - QPR, Villa, Soton
  • Options

Based on what?

lol

Why lol? In terms of Sheffield City Centre, Bramall Lane is far closer than Hillsborough. That's all he was saying.

So it's just a transport issue then?
  • Options

Based on what?

lol

the trams are a pain in the arse. maybe get an actual train station or something?
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Cannot believe anyone actually wants to play Tranmere! One of the best things about getting promoted out of L1 was never having to play that bunch of time wasting, cheating anti-footballers ever again!

Also can't believe nobody has said Hartlepool. Their visits to the Valley are some of the best memories I have of L1.

This, cannot stand them
  • Options

Based on what?

lol

If you're both in the same division next season, and you can only attend one of the games, not much separates you other than ease of access. Not an issue for me, living in Sheffield, but I see what he's saying.
  • Options
    Where do you live?
  • Options

Where do you live?

Stalker!

• Options

Where do you live?

Stalker!

My guess is near BL lol
  • Options

Where do you live?

Stalker!

My guess is near BL lol
    No actually, Crookesmoor.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Sadly Hartlepool are almost certainly leaving the division the other way.

In total agreement re Tranmere.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

I agree that watching Tranmere and Oldham park the bus was one of the big low lights of L1 but to be fair that was under Les Parry,our former player Ronnie Moore normally produces attractive teams.

Unfortunately I think the Pools would be lucky to stay up and have no chance of a late surge to the play offs.
  • Options
    Good lad, much better then around BL and London Road.
  • Options
    Don't forget it's 60p a drink tonight on West Street ;)
  • Options
    Good manager, Ronnie Moore.
  • Options

Good lad, much better then around BL and London Road.

Thanks for the approval, OP.

Back to the thread, Sheffield U, Bournemouth and whoever.
  • Options
    Swindon, because we always have entertaining encounters, and I've not been their ground.
    Brentford, can't go wrong with another London derby.
    Yeovil, good for such a small club to have a glamour season.
  • Options
    Yeovil and Swindon are two grounds I never want to go to again! I've been completely soaked at both grounds.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Think Tranmere have come on a bit since last year.
  • Options
    Feeling the love for Bournemouth guys and glad you all enjoy your paddle so much you want to do it again next year. They're a given for me.

Would like to see Orient have a crack at the higher division - a proper club and another derby match.

Lastly Crawley for the reason that it's always good to see teams work their way up from non-league plus they would nailed on for a relegation spot so one less for us to worry about.