Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phrases you'll never hear at The Valley

Comments

• "Hmm that's a loan signing making his debut for us Isn't it? I think I'll form a judgment on him after a few games rather than before he's kicked a ball".
  • edited February 2013
    Haven't seen a takeover thread on CL for years.
  • It's my round....what you having lads?
  • "I wish I wore my shorts today" - it's freezing!
  • So glad we got rid of the Red Red Robin - the White Stripes is much better!
  • We are looking comfortable at 3-0 this Saturday and its only 25 past 4
  • The Valley is a fortress
  • We got 3 points today
  • it's just like watching Brasil...
  • Phrases you won't hear at Peterborough tonight waiting for the game to start -

Really hope Chris Powell sets us up in that attacking 4-3-3 we used on Saturday

Only silver lining about Saturday was that we didn't miss Chris Solly

Shrewd move getting Bradley Wright-Phillips off the wage bill so we could bring in that good young prospect Obika

Wouldn't surprise me if the standard of football here tonight isn't higher than what will be on show at Gold Trafford

Any others?
  • Sponsored links:

• 'Excuse me Mick, have you got a match?'
  • "That substitution really changed the game"
  • Alan Curbishley was a tosser!
  • I think that running over those cones has really got us going this second half
  • "Yes! It's the 90th minute and on come the subs, here comes the goals and the 3 points!"
  • that was a great home win!!
  • Her Maj. 'I'd give the ladies in the East Stand ten minutes, if I were you'.
  • I'm so glad that the people in G Block have been banging the side of the stand for the last hour. It really adds to the atmosphere.
  • I think that running over those cones has really got us going this second half

Enjoyed that one...(what is the point of that anyway?)

• some noise out of the west stand today they are in full voice!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• We just come out of the blocks so fast every game.
  • edited March 2013

I think that running over those cones has really got us going this second half

If you've been playing football for 45 mins, then go and sit down for 15 mins, it has negative effects on the body. Those little cone sprints get the muscles and heart rate going again.

Im not saying it has much effect on us but id imagine thats the point behind it.
  • millwall fans seem well behaved today. maybe we got them all wrong.
  • my word, the pitch looks in excellent condition
  • I wish Dowie was still our manager
  • "20,000? Spot on"
  • "We should stick by Chris Powell"
  • edited March 2013
    "Playing at home, 2-nil at half time! I can sit back an relax, we've won this!"

If you've been playing football for 45 mins, then go and sit down for 15 mins, it has negative effects on the body. Those little cone sprints get the muscles and heart rate going again.

Im not saying it has much effect on us but id imagine thats the point behind it.
    When I play football for 45 mins then go and sit down for 15 mins I need a lot more than some plastic orange cones to get me going again..(an ambulance comes to mind).

• "It's ok, we're only losing 1-0, I fancy us to nick a couple of goals in injury time"