Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermorgant

Comments

• Options
    He's been shit tonight and I couldn't care less cos he doesn't play for us.
  • Options
    He has been poor tonight. People tend to forget the bad games he had for us. But he is still better than Tucudean, Church, Pigott, Reza, Polish Pete. Until we replace him with someone better this discussion will rumble on and on and on and on and on.....................
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

He has been poor tonight. People tend to forget the bad games he had for us. But he is still better than Tucudean, Church, Pigott, Reza, Polish Pete. Until we replace him with someone better this discussion will rumble on and on and on and on and on.....................

This isn't some pantomime.
    Oh no it won't.
  • Options
    On tonight's performances, Simon Francis > Yann
  • Options

dickplumb said:

This isn't some pantomime.
    Oh no it won't.
    I am directing a Pantomime at the moment. It is creeping into my daily life. Oh yes it is.

• Options

there's no resurrection of Simon Francis threads because he left and universally as fans we were glad because in general he was shit for us

Kermorgant for us was a player who done stuff you can only dream of as a footballer , he was an exciting player to watch because you just didn't know what he was gonna do next

whatever the reasons at the time for his departure i'd be pretty sure that the Belgian posse wished they'd pushed the boat out a little further and kept him

him going hurt and even those trying to pretend it doesn't are clearly bothered hence every comment and dig at him on every thread mentioning him

And some players perform better with certain clubs in certain surroundings. Speak to a Bournemouth fan about Francis and they'll probably say he's been excellent for them and is one of the first names down on the team sheet. Ask one of us what we think of him, and it is likely to be along the lines of pretty shit.

Yann obviously hasn't set the world alight down there, and we've probably had him at the peak of his career.

You could say the same of Eddie Howe. Got the chance at Burnley, couldn't make it work, yet at back at Bournemouth and delivering. Environment, team mates, manager all factors that play a part
  • Options
    cabbles said:

there's no resurrection of Simon Francis threads because he left and universally as fans we were glad because in general he was shit for us

Kermorgant for us was a player who done stuff you can only dream of as a footballer , he was an exciting player to watch because you just didn't know what he was gonna do next

whatever the reasons at the time for his departure i'd be pretty sure that the Belgian posse wished they'd pushed the boat out a little further and kept him

him going hurt and even those trying to pretend it doesn't are clearly bothered hence every comment and dig at him on every thread mentioning him

And some players perform better with certain clubs in certain surroundings. Speak to a Bournemouth fan about Francis and they'll probably say he's been excellent for them and is one of the first names down on the team sheet. Ask one of us what we think of him, and it is likely to be along the lines of pretty shit.

Yann obviously hasn't set the world alight down there, and we've probably had him at the peak of his career.

You could say the same of Eddie Howe. Got the chance at Burnley, couldn't make it work, yet at back at Bournemouth and delivering. Environment, team mates, manager all factors that play a part
    He's done very well for them hasn't he? Scoring goals and has helped them push on to seriously challenge for promotion.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=52123

I can't see us making a mistake as bad as this again, at the time I think they thought he'd be far easier to replace than it's turned out.
  • Options
    He's a mercurial Frenchman of course he refused to play
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    YK will get 2 more chances to play well against Liverpool next season - while we watch Church's comeback performance away at Rochdale and Pete Parsley getting his first of the season at home to MKD in Feb 2016.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Hasn't really backfired has it?

Just for you WSS, the initial comment by the Greedy One which was that he would be 'injured' backfired.
  • Options

YK will get 2 more chances to play well against Liverpool next season - while we watch Church's comeback performance away at Rochdale and Pete Parsley getting his first of the season at home to MKD in Feb 2016.

Sounds like you need to swap team allegiances
  • Options

What a stupid crass comment. Church will be gone in the Summer. Do you really think we are heading for Relegation in the near future?
    If Bournemouth get promoted do you think they will stick with Yann? Or will they get in someone better?

• Options
    cafctom said:

There is little wrong with wanting to be the best paid player at the club if you are by far and away the best player, which he was.

Doesn't make it greed that he is looking out for his family, and he was in a strong position to negotiate considering he had an offer on the table from a club with more money than us.

Anyone with a degree of sense would do the same.

What about the one year automatic extension? Surely that put us in a strong position? Unless of course the player was "injured" stopping that clause from being triggered.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

cafctom said:

There is little wrong with wanting to be the best paid player at the club if you are by far and away the best player, which he was.

Doesn't make it greed that he is looking out for his family, and he was in a strong position to negotiate considering he had an offer on the table from a club with more money than us.

Anyone with a degree of sense would do the same.

What about the one year automatic extension? Surely that put us in a strong position? Unless of course the player was "injured" stopping that clause from being triggered.

Exactly
  • Options
    The continued Kermorgant worship is weird, and anyone who indulges in it should not be trusted.
  • Options

I know Liverpool are bad at the moment but don't think they'll be relegated.
  • Options

Also probably helps because we've got Chris Solly at Right-Back who is at an equal footing to Simon Francis in my opinion...

If we had three other Strikers who could score like Vetokele then no one would care that Yann has left us
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

What a stupid crass comment. Church will be gone in the Summer. Do you really think we are heading for Relegation in the near future?
    If Bournemouth get promoted do you think they will stick with Yann? Or will they get in someone better?

Oh the ups and downs of football !
    (MKD currently 3rd and Rochdale currently 6th)
  • Options
    cant believe how many people pass over that point , injured my arse played the following game one game short of auto extension before sold
  • Options
    edited December 2014

He's been shit tonight and I couldn't care less cos he doesn't play for us.

...against Liverpool…hardly the level he's playing at every week in The Championship. Bournemouth were shit, not just Yann.
  • Options

The continued Kermorgant worship is weird, and anyone who indulges in it should not be trusted.

This.

We have had strikers like Bent, de Canio, and Barlett, all with international experience, but we still can't get away from YK....
  • Options

This.

We have had strikers like Bent, de Canio, and Barlett, all with international experience, but we still can't get away from YK....
    Two of those have retired.
  • Options

This.

Two of those have retired.
    Well! That put me in my place.

As a matter of interest, who was our top scorer in the League 1 winning side?

Who was top scorer when we came 9th in the Championship?

But, hey, let's not let anything like facts get in the way of a good dose of man love...