Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spot on Powell :)

edited February 2013 in General Charlton
Just got back to the hotel after the game, took my 6 year old to his first away game and couldn't of scripted it better.

Anything less than a win would of been a travesty, we were extremely comfortable on the left with Wiggins back in the team...and Pritchard linked up well with Kermit in acres of space down the right throughout the game. Dervite done a great job in the first half keeping Leicester quiet and Cort pretty much won everything in the air down the middle.

So the crunch moment for Powell came when Leicester equalised with probably their first proper shot on target, from this moment it looked a game we could quite easily go on and lose but credit to Powell rather than hold out for draw he went for the win. It was magical for me to see my son experience a winner like that 10mins from the end on his first away day, perfect. He wanted to take off his away shirt and swing it around his head bless him.

Well done Powell, keep that kind of positive mentality and we will get to that 50 points in no time.

Comments

• Options
    Choice was your lad the one with the Jackson shirt on?

He didn't stop singing all game!!
  • Options
    Nice one Choice, good to hear your son enjoyed himself!
  • Options
    No he had a black away shirt on, we were standing at the back in the first half and moved to the left next to the sectioned off seats in the second. He was singing non stop though and is desperate for a shirt with Jacko on it.

I don't remember celebrating a goal as long as what we did when the winner went in
  • Options

Choice was your lad the one with the Jackson shirt on?

He didn't stop singing all game!!

I nick-named that boy duracell - had an engine like Pritchard!
  • Options
    Haha move over Red Division!
  • Options
    The lad with the Jacko shirt on was leading the singing at Hull with his renditions of the Ben Hamer song in his full kit and all. Right little diamond someone has got there! Could be a legend before he starts school...
  • Options
    What a game now set for Saturday, bring it on.
  • Options
    I'm pretty convinced the singing kid will be @valleyman1973 lad Taylor
  • Options
    Proud!
  • Options
    Nice one Choice. A good turnout numbers wise last night from the loyal Addicks and you thoroughly deserved to see the win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Proud!

What a cracking little lad he is, vm1973 ! Had all the stewards standing nearby in fits !

Young Division in the making ?

• Options
    Respect to Choice for giving praise where praise is due...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Just to say as well anyone thinking in future of staying over in Leicester the premier inn at Oadby was excellent, £39 for a family room and only 5 miles from the ground. Really good customer service at the hotel so highly recommended, pub next door for superb all you can eat breakfast, £8.95 for adults and kids eat free
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Choice said:

Just to say as well anyone thinking in future of staying over in Leicester the premier inn at Oadby was excellent, £39 for a family room and only 5 miles from the ground. Really good customer service at the hotel so highly recommended, pub next door for superb all you can eat breakfast, £8.95 for adults and kids eat free

You make it sound so appealing mate, shall be booking a week there in the summer, Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    Good price choice , i stayed in the Prem Inn 1.5 miles away (near the train station) and paid a lot more than that.
  • Options
    Sounds like the future is bright support wise!
  • Options
    Good on you Choice for coming on and giving credit where due.