Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Haynes

Would it be wrong to vote him player of the season? He hasn't had a bad game has he?

Comments

• Options
    Wish his hamstrings weren't rubbish!!
  • Options
    Great goal seen it on SSN
  • Options
    If he could play 40 games a season he wouldn't be playing for us put it that way!
  • Options
    Yanny and Danny fit all season would have been quality.
  • Options
    What a goal god knows how he manages to get so much power on it without even swinging his leg. Love his celebration as well.
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

What a goal god knows how he manages to get so much power on it without even swinging his leg. Love his celebration as well.

By ripping his hammys every time!! :-(

Wonderful goal, no backlift but tremendous power & past Schmeichel in a flash. And the joy on his face as he ran to our fan's corner...priceless!! :-)
  • Options
    Anyone knows where I could watch this goal? Everyone's been saying it's immense!
  • Options
    Sky Sports News have just shown all the goals. Someone cleverer than me will post them up soon, I'm sure...well worth watching...again & again ;-)
  • Options
    Danny Haynes is like one of those 'fragile' fast bowlers you get in cricket, the sort of bloke who, when fit, can take 5-25 in one spell and then get injured and miss the next couple of games.

Surely only his injuries have stopped him playing Premier League?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everytime i watch it i wonder how he does it, it's like he hesitates a shot then just pokes his toes forward and wallops it top corner. Stunning goal
  • Options
    Lovely strike .... I think he's better as a sub to come on than as a starter but just when I think he needs too many chances to hit the net he pulls out a goal from somewhere and todays was an absolute beauty !
  • Options
    Superb goal.
    His minutes on the pitch to goals ratio must be immense. Could be that 25 goal striker if only he could stay fit - and most of them are spectacular!
  • Options
    That was a pretty audacious effort - the next 20 times he does that it'll probably go over or wide, but fair play to him for taking the chance.

Good bit of strength and a lovely little pull back by Pritch to set up Yann as well.

Have to say, on the little bit I saw of Haynes last season he seemed to be all pace and not a lot else. Wasn't sure about him at all, but there's no arguing with his goals to games ratio so far this season. If we keep him fit and in form we'll be very comfortable in mid table by the end of the season.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Wow - I have no idea how he managed that at all...

I can now fully understand why this picture is knocking around twitter tonight [link]!!
  • Options
    Right. Can someone please get a big roll of cotton wool and wrap DH in it for the rest if the week! We need a few more of those cameos at least!
  • Options
    Does anyone know what is thr longest number of games he has played this season before getting injured, must be about 5 I think!

If he could stay fit, he would be scoring 20 plus a season
  • Options
    I think Danny Haynes is one of those players who needs to feel loved, the Charlton fans were singing his name before he came on and let rip, sorry Danny , I was the walley standing in the stairway going mad punching the air like a teenager!

If Messi or Ronaldo had hit that , pundits would be purring for years over it, you could see he wanted to make a statement and say I'm back.
  • Options
    Huge fan of Danny Haynes. Probably one of the most exciting Charlton players to watch. His speed is frightening, and he can clearly finish as well.

How on earth is a bloke with his quality spent half his career knocking about at the likes of Barnsley, Bristol City etc?
  • Options
    Cos he spends half his career knocking about on treatment tables
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2013
    If there's a solution to his problem then we should seriously consider tieing him down and paying whatever the cost might be to get it sorted. A fully fit and firing Haynes would be worth millions to us.
  • Options
    what a goal ... superb
  • Options
    Great to watch him in full flow, but well done Chris Powell who brought him on and gave him 20 minutes to make a difference which he did almost immediately. CP is on a learning curve, I would have expected him to bring on another defender to protect the point. I wonder if the medical team are taking any particular steps to try and help Danny with his hamstrings ? What a player a fully fit Danny Haynes could be.
  • Options
    Danny Haynes is Premiership class without a doubt, his hamstrings however are Sunday League
  • Options
    I effing love Danny Haynes
  • Options
    I rate Haynes highly but he gets injured far too easily :(
  • Options

Superb goal.
    His minutes on the pitch to goals ratio must be immense. Could be that 25 goal striker if only he could stay fit - and most of them are spectacular!

Great minds, Weegie ! Was saying exactly the same on our way home last night.

• Options
    Say we stumbled upon a GUARANTEED cure to Haynes' injury problems, but it came at a cost of a quarter of million. Who'd go for it?
  • Options
    Pretty much agree with the above.
    As has been said, if he had decent hamstrings, he wouldn't be with us haha.
  • Options
    A goal every 1.3 games I make it (roughly)