Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Subs

Looks as though Powell got it right tonight

Comments

• Completely out foxed 'em.
  • Reams will be totally livid over on into the valley. His pre-written diatribe will have to wait for another occasion. Ha ha :-)
  • Impossible to get it right all the time. I think overall in his managerial career he has done pretty well. Might not have gone to plan in recent weeks but he's still learning.
  • Reams has given Powell credit
  • Quality. Powell was bold going two up top but it worked a treat and big credit is due.

People need to remember he is still learning as much as anyone else, probably more than most managers in the Championship, done a fantastic job and tonight was immense.

All the doubters are in hiding tonight..
  • Not in hiding - just glad he has learnt. If learnt earlier we would be even higher in this league as said all along we have the tools. Still let's all unite and get behind them saturday. COYR!
  • It's a good sign he is learning. I'm sure he has had his reasons for the last few games but for one reason or another, it hadn't worked out. Good step in the right direction and he has the potential to go right to the very top.

Our job is even bigger now, we all got to support Powell and the team like we did against Cardiff. As said, we have it in us to do even better. Time to show it even more so now.
  • If we lose our next game does that mean he's forgotten how to do subs again?
  • Not in hiding - just glad he has learnt. If learnt earlier we would be even higher in this league as said all along we have the tools. Still let's all unite and get behind them saturday. COYR!

Thing is to learn from your mistakes you have to make them and he is going to make them.

I wasnt at palace so can't really say if he made any mistakes there.

Id say he should have made subs againsts wendies but didnt which I saw as a mistake.

Against brum I didnt have a problem with his subs. We scored in the 88th minute and he tried shutting up shop which I thought was the right thing to do.

Tonight he had NLA ballacks and got it spot on. Deserves massive amount of credit tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2013
    No, you won't always win but you have to know the traits of your team - when we sit back, we sit too far back and give up trying to score - this invariably allows the opposition too may chances. I love Chrissy and don't want anybody else in charge - but tonight's crucial sub was not one he would have made a few weeks ago. Shows he is learning - but arrogant to say he didn't need to learn - he did.