Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The club's financial woes must be over.......

.......as I've tried to enquire about spending the best part of a player's weekly wage on a hospitality package and not heard a dickie-bird in reply!!!

Having booked a few times in the past, the stark contrast in service couldn't be greater. I remember the Club to always have been extremely helpful and RESPONSIVE, and the day itself extremely well-received, even by my Premiership-following oligarch mates (sic.). I can only conclude that this has nothing to do with the staffing cut-backs, but simply that we're loaded and taking our hard-earned is simply an inconvenience.

Breath easy 'Addicks, the Reds must be going up and we'll have Messi in on loan soon, just as the Rumours Rumours thread has often predicted!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Sounds poor. Out of interest, who did you make the enquiry to - was it over the phone or by email?
  • Options
    Millwall have booked them up till the end of the season to ensure they have purchase history.
  • Options
    just the "sales@" e-mail thus far. Will give the phone a try if chaser gets nowhere. All my 'wall chums have already splashed out on new polo shirts especially, so hopefully won't be letting them down!!! ;o)
  • Options
    I had a similar issue at the back end of last year. Was eventually resolved by a member of staff I met in very random circumstances who got things sorted in about an hour. Did you send the initial request by email as mine went in that way and they had no trace of it.
  • Options
    Sometimes the emails to generic addresses go astray. I'd suggest emailing dave.archer@cafc.co.uk and copying josh.waddell@cafc.co.uk - that will get a reply.
  • Options
    A problem that clearly needs to be addressed as makes you wonder how much business is being lost due to poor administration.
  • Options
    Perhaps Villa and West Ham tried the same E Mail address?
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion Airman.

Had some time today so gave them a call and have now spoken with someone. No joy though, as I'm the only member (and CAFC supporter with a long booking history both home and away) amongst the group I'd be taking and there needs to be at least two members to be "eligible" to spend a load of money.

Seeems a bit OTT to me, especially as most of my guests couldn't tell you where Deptford / Bermondsey is let alone have any allegiance to our friendly neighbours.

Usual perch in Covered End it is then, will bring a roast in a tub from Greenwich Mkt and a flask of wine to create my own little bit of VIPness on the day!!!