Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE EGGHEADERS v A CHARLTON 80s / 90s TEAM - 14th March, Bexley

KEITH PEACOCK in conjunction with North West Kent Addicks invites you to his EGGHEADERS' QUIZ at Bexley Park Sports & Social Club, DA2 7GA on Thursday 14th March ( 7.30 for 8pm prompt start)

The undefeated Eggheaders will take on the challengers, a Charlton team from the late 80's/early 90's in the battle for the coveted Colin Cameron Memorial Cup.

In 2010, a team from the 70's was narrowly defeated by the Eggheaders with their senior member, Colin Cameron taking home the Cup until the next challenge. You will be aware that the Club Statistician , sadly passed away on Christmas Day and, as a tribute to this great man, the Cup will be engraved with his name and profits from the evening will be donated to a charity of his family's choice.

The Eggheader's team will be chosen from Peter Varney, Steve Sutherland , former Charlton Directors and, if he can make it, NWKA's President, Steve Rider.

The squad for the 80's/90's team is likely to be Simon Webster, Steve Gritt, Colin Walsh, Bob Bolder and John Humphrey.

The competition will be a game of two halves with the break allowing for autograph opportunities/photographs etc.

Audience participation is encouraged and it is hoped that attendees will side with one or other of the teams and give their vocal support.

There are a limited number of tickets available for this event so you are urged to reserve your place as soon as possible by contacting Jean at jeanhuelin@sky.com or on 07757 661403 . Tickets are £5 pp and will be reserved for paymment on the door with all proceeds to The Lily Foundation which is raising money for a piece of equipment at Great Ormond Street Hospital and research into Mitochondrial Disease in memory of Anna Lewis from Sevenoaks who sadly passed away there. Anna's story can be found here :www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk/our-inspirations/anna-lewis.

"At stake is the Eggheaders' reputation....Will anyone beat them ? "

Please come along to support this event - if the last quiz is anything to go by, it should be a great evening!

Comments

• The Bromley Addicks Quiz team would wipe the floor with them but Suthers and Varney have always bottled out of taking us on.

Me, Shirty5, JohnnyH2, Norman Smith, Alex Wright, we'd do them easy.
  • edited February 2013
    ive heard the 'RD' are turning up for this...???

id check their pockets if so, could get lively ;~)
  • Why don't Charlton Life get a team together to go on the pwoper Eggheads?
  • edited February 2013
    i remember a (charlton) bloke going on mastermind, but cant remember how he done?
  • edited February 2013
    BIG_ROB said:

Why don't Charlton Life get a team together to go on the pwoper Eggheads?

there are definately a few know it alls on here to put up a good team rob, ha!

and thats not aimed at you henry ;~)
  • bloodnut said:

i remember a (charlton) bloke going on mastermind, but cant remember how he done?

Think he started but didn't finish :-)

• sralan said:

bloodnut said:

That was "our" Alex Wright.
  • I was on Pop Master once....
  • BIG_ROB said:

We'd spend the entire time discussing one thing - Judith..... would ya?
  • edited February 2013

BIG_ROB said:

Oh yes! Then, now and in the future. One sexy woman, just her voice is enough for me..
  • Sponsored links:

• sralan said:

bloodnut said:

That was "our" Alex Wright.
    still carrying the scars :)

• BIG_ROB said:

It's a yes, as long as that bubble thing on her lip don't burst!
  • Oi , you lot ! Can we concentrate on the quiz, pleeeese !

How many tickets can I reserve for you, BIG_ROB ?
  • BIG_ROB said:

Probably would struggle. Don't think there are many questions on buses and trains.

• "At stake is the Eggheaders' reputation....Will anyone beat them ? "

Ok so which one of "Peter Varney, Steve Sutherland , former Charlton Directors and, if he can make it, NWKA's President, Steve Rider" is Daphne?
  • "At stake is the Eggheaders' reputation....Will anyone beat them ? "

Ok so which one of "Peter Varney, Steve Sutherland , former Charlton Directors and, if he can make it, NWKA's President, Steve Rider" is Daphne?

Now that WOULD be telling, BFR !

You'll just have to come along to see....

• Bumpety bump !

Spoke to Keith Peacock this morning and he'll be doing a quiz for the audience at halftime ( football related) with a morning/lunch at the Training Ground for 4 as the prize for the most correct answers.

Surely it's worth a fiver for what should be a fun evening ,with the Cameron family's chosen charity to benefit from all profits made.

Come on , Lifers ! Drop me a line to reserve your place !
  • Sorry, Badger, but it has to be done....

Bump !
  • what a great event!
  • I was on Eggheads a few weeks back, we were thrashed! Good day though, and Judith is a little minx and now a gilf!
  • Sponsored links:

• An update on the Eggheaders' team for next Thursday...

Peter Burrows, Chris Parkes, Steve Sutherland, Peter Varney and ........( drum roll)...........................................................................

.....the one and only Airman Brown !!

Now if that doesn't tempt you to come & join us , nothing will ! You know it makes sense ( sorry, Badger)

Just email me to reserve your place.

Simples !
  • So much for "former directors".

I'm boycotting as I was never even asked!
  • So much for "former directors".

I'm boycotting as I was never even asked!

OK, Henry . Sincere apologies.

Please can you come ?

How's that ?

• I'm feeling bumptious !!
  • I understand from Mr Peacock that he has today sanctioned the late signing of Garry Nelson to replace John Humphrey at tomorrow’s Eggheaders Quiz. I have objected in the strongest terms to Mr Peacock that this signing is way past the transfer deadline and it is clear that this is gamesmanship of the highest order!

As you know, the Eggheaders team are dedicated professionals and we were set up to deal with the particular strengths of Mr Humphrey and so this late switch is designed to unsettle us before the big day, which is shoddy!

I have told Mr Peacock in no uncertain terms that these dodgy tactics will have no effect on the Eggheaders team whatsoever!

Regards

Suthers
  • In KP we trust !
  • Just spoken to Keith and he will be bringing a signed shirt and ball tonight for auctioning for Colin's family's chosen charity.

Bernard Wickham( Former Players contact) will also be bringing along some prized Charlton memorabilia plus, it is anticipated, a former player of some note....

A number of seats still remain unsold , at £5 pp, so please get in touch so that we can make this a really special evening in Colin's memory. Thanks.

• Just wanted to say that it was a cracking evening with around 65 attending.

Great banter between the teams , especially from Suthers on the Eggheaders and Bob Bolder / Garry Nelson on the Players' team.

Another close contest with the final totals resulting in a draw. However, Question Master , Keith decided that the Colin Cameron Memorial Cup should be retained by the current holders and hence it will reside in all its glory in Chris Parkes' office until next time.

It was fantasic to meet some of Colin's family and a couple of Lifers I hadn't met before.

But the star of the evening was undoubtedly David Lewis, the father of little Anna whose story brought a lump to the throats of all present last night. He told us that Anna was a healthy toddler until she was diagnosed with mitochondrial disease and that her decline, and her passing happened over 11 distressing weeks.

Keith & NWKA are proud to announce that a brilliant sum of £700 was raised last night in her name and will be sent to GOSH accordingly. Well done to everyone concerned and especially to Colin's family for donating 6 of his "Home & Away" books and to all who purchased raffle tickets and bid for the signed shirt & ball.

Should anyone on here wish to make a donation to the charity, feel free to inbox me and I'll make sure you have the necessary details.

Thanks.

Jean
  • Well done Fanners, my head aches tho, not sure if it was listening to Kev, or the Best and pork scratchings..