Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++++BWP joins Brentford on loan...++++++

edited February 2013 in General Charlton
...until the end of the season.

Comments

• Options
    Done deal?
  • Options
    On CAFC Twitter so must be true.

Good luck BWP
  • Options
    Yep, text just came through. Link now attached.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130219-bwp-brentford-631604.aspx

Shame as I think he could have done a job in the next few months. Was impressed when he came off the bench early in one game a while back, but getting a couple of minutes here and there is not doing him any favours. Will always be grateful for the goals that got us up last year! Good luck Bradley.
  • Options
    Yep

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130219-bwp-brentford-631604.aspx

Good luck Bradders , thanks for all you've done, we wouldn't be in this division without you.
  • Options
    Must mean we will be getting someone in on loan , can't see Powell letting a player go if he hasn't got a replacement
  • Options
    Honestly. Why? Fuller kermorgant and haynes are our only strikers now. Haynes has hamstrings like cheese strings and Fuller is injury prone. They best have someone lined up
  • Options

Honestly. Why? Fuller kermorgant and haynes are our only strikers now. Haynes has hamstrings like cheese strings and Fuller is injury prone. They best have someone lined up

Javier Hernandez would be all right. :-0
  • Options
    Thank you BWP. Club hero for playing his part in getting us out of the dark times.
  • Options

Don't count on it. We haven't got much money and presumably Brentford are paying some or all of his wages.

But wouldn't be surprised to see someone else come in or others, like Green, depart.
  • Options
    With him being out of contract at the end of the season there's a good chance we've seen him in a Charlton shirt for the last time.

Really like him, thanks for everything BWP!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    good luck Bradders, still think he could've done a job for us in this division given a run of games.
  • Options
    Bundled in a very important goal in our history.
  • Options
    Good luck to BWP however unless there is someone coming straight in or absolute economic necessity I think it's a mistake letting a goalscorer go at this point in the season. He may only have one this season but I'd rather he was on the end of a loose ball six yards out than anyone else in our squad bar Fuller or Jacko.
  • Options
    We must have someone lined up, if not this is really poor planning. Fuller and Haynes are made of glass and we can't go into the final 3rd of the season with only 3 recognised strikers. It would be ridiculous.

I understand BWP may not be in our future plans and sending him out on loan if we are not going to use him is only fair to the guy. He served us so well last year and i wish him all the luck in future. He hasn't really done it this season, through lack of opportunities or loss of form i don't know. I am just concerned about leaving ourselves really short in an area we are currently really struggling with.
  • Options
    Best wishes to BWP but I really hope we have someone else lined up as I don't like the thought of only having Kermogant available when Haynes and Fuller pull their hamstrings again!
  • Options
    JT said:

Very very true.
  • Options
    I wonder if he'd have gone if we were able to send Hollands back to Swindon.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I wonder if we'll have any strikers on the bench tonight?

Is Azeez still out on loan?
  • Options
    h

JT said:

Very very true.
    Sod it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSSuyC7aw74
  • Options
    If we're playing 451 then perhaps they think 3 senior strikers is enough, so don't necessarily assume we're getting another one in. There's always the likes of Smith as back up too.

If Liverpool can go through half a season with 1 striker and Man City can do the same with only 3, then there's no reason to expect we will be going with 4.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I do hope bwp does really well. Without him we would still be in that dire league.

GOOD LUCK bwp.

P.s be prepared for the return of n'guessan..... Can't wait...
  • Options
    I guess that's the last we have seen of Bradley in an addicks shirt. Made a fantastic contribution in his first year and a half and will, I am sure, always be welcome back to the valley as the fates decide. Good luck Brad, and thanks for helping us get back to the Championship. Brentford have a gem - just watch him hit goals in L1.

Like others, I hope we either have someone lined up to come in, or failing that, that Azeez gets a proper chance to show us what he can do.
  • Options
    Wish him all the best. Good Luck Bradley.
  • Options

If we're playing 451 then perhaps they think 3 senior strikers is enough, so don't necessarily assume we're getting another one in. There's always the likes of Smith as back up too.

If Liverpool can go through half a season with 1 striker and Man City can do the same with only 3, then there's no reason to expect we will be going with 4.

The difference between us and them though is that they have quality strikers and quality in midfield.... we haven't. Not really a fair comparison. sorry.

• Options
    Sad news. I'd hoped he'd done enough to get a new contract. I suppose haynes offers more with pace but BWP is a better finisher. Hopefully Powell has something up his sleeve as a replacement.
  • Options
    I think this is a massive shame.almost like the end of an era albeit a small one.thanks bradley,without you we'd still be battling it out in league 1.not the greatest finisher but a poacher and someone who wil be known as the man who scored the goal to get us promoted.good luck.
  • Options
    Brentford very close to a playoffs place , Bradley on fire could crack in 10 goals for them from the remaining fixtures.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brentford/fixtures

When we first signed him , it showed that the new board meant business and that we were on the way back as a club , so too speak , hope this means we'll bring in a Championship equivalent of Bradley , if not now then in the Summer.
  • Options
    Gem of signing for Brentford. Thank you and good luck BWP.
  • Options
    good luck Brad. Such a shame really thought he would take to the championship this time and be on plus 10 goals at this stage.

Brentford will win the league now with BWP and Hayes combo
  • Options
    A good move for both parties, I'm sure CP has a loan signing lined up