Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charltonlife meet the Upbeats.

2»

Comments

• Options
    @ockings to Xena if she takes liberties and for some unknown reason he's taken to sleeping by the front door when we are out or at bedtime and hardly ever goes to his crate. Hoping this the end of 8months of suffering for him. :)

• Options
    edited March 2013
    @T.C.E good news mate about Bailey one of our old GSD's had something similar many years ago..............Mrs RM and I looking forward to seeing you both at RM towers this Saturday, good luck with Friday as well I'm sure the children will love Bailey!! Don't know if you heard or not but 'Jed' got 2nd at crufts for veteran GSD, and both Cinna and Uma have won GSD Best of Breed in their last 2 shows!!! and then Group 3 and 2 respectively in the Pastoral Group.
  • Options
    We should be there.
    I was hoping to show Bailey on Sunday at the show A told me about. But being an open show obviously I can't, which is a shame because he's in fantastic nick at the moment and if we see any sunshine he'll get the red back in his coat. Congratulations on 'Jed' and obviously the girls too.
  • Options
    Ahh only just seen this.
    Not only was it a privilege to be part of the Lifers to meet the Upbeats but it was an amazing privilege to watch Bailey with them. He was amazing with them & they loved it.
    Thanks TCE xxx
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

We should be there.
    I was hoping to show Bailey on Sunday at the show A told me about. But being an open show obviously I can't, which is a shame because he's in fantastic nick at the moment and if we see any sunshine he'll get the red back in his coat. Congratulations on 'Jed' and obviously the girls too.

Be good to see you both if you can make it @TCE, pity you can't show him. Still go to the show with Mrs RM if you want, and we have our own show on May 6th, so bailey can enter that one on the day.
  • Options

Ahh only just seen this.
    Not only was it a privilege to be part of the Lifers to meet the Upbeats but it was an amazing privilege to watch Bailey with them. He was amazing with them & they loved it.
    Thanks TCE xxx

Thanks KBLS, it was a great day out and although I dont get to enjoy it until afterwards (I was constantly watching Bailey looking for anything that may upset him around the children. He is still a dog after all and a very powerful one as well) with the photos and listening to peoples comments like yours is great to read and makes all the work we put into Bailey's training worthwile.
    Also great to see one or two adults that had dog concerns getting hands on with him.
    It was nice to relax back in the pub afterwards and have a beer and AFKA to share his packed lunch with Bailey, as I said we hope to get back there soon maybe we can a dozen bodies together to take on the "Upbeats" at football. ;)
  • Options
    Ray brought Bailey in to see the kids in my class today and they absolutely loved him. They quite liked Bailey too! ;-)
    Joking aside the dog was absolutely brilliant really calm and impeccably behaved. The kids had been looking to this visit for weeks and Bailey took all their "loving attention" in his stride and even most of the slightly nervous members of the class felt comfortable enough to go and give Bailey a pat and a stroke.
    The children I teach all have SEN Statements and it was a really enjoyable 45 minutes.
    So a big public thank you to Ray and Bailey and I would thoroughly recommend the pair of them :-)
    And Bailey really is a beautiful looking dog.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks Jon................Bailey's a star and loved every bit of it.
    Before talking to a class of young children I was wreck, but they soon put me at ease, I likened it to talking to the CL clique but without Ugg boots and mobile phones. ;)
    Incidently talking about the RTTB half marathon as we were, I got home to find my application form here. As I've said before maybe run for the Upbeats?
  • Options
    Sorry but until permission comes from the parents thats the best we can do, but I'm sure you get the gist of the day.image
  • Options
    That's strange guess what turned up in my inbox this morning! ( clue it wasn't Rachel Riley's phone number but it will involve being out of breath ;-)
    Well if you and Dave are up for the run then yes go on then count me in. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Ray and Bailey.

They are changing the route a bit this year. Think it will be starting on Geeenwich Park.
  • Options
    I would love to do it again,
    I need the motivation of half a dozen of us training for it, like the first time. Could we rustle up enough bodies that interested enough to run for the Upbeats. DaveStorry and Glass Half Empty along with Redmidland.....lol, are people that have mentioned doing it to me....... Redmidland, ffs he must in his 90s now. ;)
    Obviously Wss is running the big one soon, maybe we could get him to be our pacemaker! ;)
    Anybody else interested?
  • Options
    Is it now along a bus route? ;-)
  • Options
    I'm up for it again and have applied this morning. Sis in law applied friday and got confirmation yesterday she was in, places going quick if you fancy it. My daughter is already in, so there's my challenge. Come on TCE , 3 blokes, GHE Curb it, AFKA you know you want to.
  • Options
    Got an e-mail straight back, money paid i'm accepted. Right where are those trainers ???