Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pakistan field giant fast bowler.....

.....anyone else seen this guy?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/Australia/content/player/429981.html

Just watching him bowl for Pakistan against SA, has anyone ever seen a bowler as tall as this?

It was only when I saw him stand next to Graeme Smith - a big fecker himself - I realised he must be a bloody giant, facing him at 7" 1' must be a bloody nightmare.

Comments

• Options
    If he lasts a decent few years without serious back and shoulder injuries I will be amazed.
  • Options
    Proves size doesnt equal quality - he's shit.
  • Options

A tad harsh, he's raw but a bit of a handful when he gets it right.
  • Options
    "makes the high five a high jump" ha!
  • Options
    Brown 1905, you're just a brown 1905
  • Options

Depends, Steve Harmison was pony more than he had a great game but always posed interesting questions. Remember he was once ranked number 1 in the world. If as a tall bowler you get it right you can be really dangerous, Glenn McGrath got it right 99% of the time and was one of the greatest.
  • Options
    Plus I've just seen he's a left armed bowler, would bowl it at an awkward angle and an awkward height so definitely has potential.
  • Options
    He played in the England-Pakistan ODI series a couple of years ago and did nothing.

At 30, almost 31 it's now or never for him.
  • Options

has anyone ever seen a bowler as tall as this?

Yep. Played against simba project and faced a fella called Eli. Top edged a pull shot 1st ball straight into my nose and ended up in the brook a and e, missing the England Argentina hand of god game.
    Also had job interview next day, which took some explaining.
  • Options

Big Bird
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

has anyone ever seen a bowler as tall as this?

Yep. Played against simba project and faced a fella called Eli. Top edged a pull shot 1st ball straight into my nose and ended up in the brook a and e, missing the England Argentina hand of god game.
    Also had job interview next day, which took some explaining.
    Are you Mike Gatting in disguise?
    Did you get the job?
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Big Bird

Great story about Joel Garner told by Simon Hughes: Garner is attending a post-match reception and a female admirer approached him, looked him up and down and flirtatiously said, "Oh, Mr. Garner, you are a big chap, I do hope you're built in proportion?"

Garner replied deadpan, "Lady, if I was built in proportion I'd be 8 foot tall!"

Don't know if its true but great story anyway!
  • Options
    that is taaaaaaaaaallll .... a constant back complaint awaits this young man
  • Options
    I think he competes in the WWE as the Great Khali
  • Options
    If his action is legal and in the spirit of the game, it will make a nice change for a bowler from that part of the world.
  • Options

If his action is legal and in the spirit of the game, it will make a nice change for a bowler from that part of the world.

Nothing wrong with his action, but with legs as long as a giraffe he does bowl quite a few no balls - must be like bowling on skis.