Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Red Division of our day? (early 90s)

edited February 2013 in General Charlton
How many on here used to stand at the back of the northbank at upton park? Then when returned to the valley block E and F in the covered end. Not alot of diffrence between us then and the RD now. We all went home and away, sung our hearts out from start to finish, bounced up and down and prob got on everyones nerves.

Comments

• Options
    Yep Block F and nth bank and Shit hurst
  • Options
    not back of north bank, bottom left by chicken run was where it was at
  • Options
    especially against Leicester
  • Options
    where did away fans used to go at Upton park?
    Was it where the bobby moore stand now is, on the Barking road side?
  • Options
    we were the 'Capri Ghia Crew' actually... run that beast into the ground following the addicks!!!

RIP (the black thunder) you were a great motor.

whos digging out the RD again then fog horn, or are you just having a moment?
  • Options
    bloodnut said:

we were the 'Capri Ghia Crew' actually... run that beast into the ground following the addicks!!!

RIP (the black thunder) you were a great motor.

whos digging out the RD again then fog horn, or are you just having a moment?

I bet someone is digging them out somewhere on here. Just having a moment i have them from time to time.
  • Options

Remember that one NLA well. How many did they say was there for that game?
    They bought thousands.
  • Options
    fog horn said:

How many on here used to stand at the back of the northbank at upton park? Then when returned to the valley block E and F in the covered end. Not alot of diffrence between us then and the RD now. We all went home and away, sung our hearts out from start to finish, bounced up and down and prob got on everyones nerves.

I know a song that will get on yer nerves,,,,,,,get on yer nerves,,,,,get on yer nerves.....I know a song that will get on your nerves, get get get on yer nerves....!

Altogether now......

I know a song that will get on yer nerves,,,,,,,get on yer nerves,,,,,get on yer nerves.....I know a song that will get on your nerves, get get get on yer nerves....!
  • Options
    Yep for Upton Park and on our return, F Block, Row G, Seat 21. Lovely, lovely days!
  • Options
    fog horn said:

Remember that one NLA well. How many did they say was there for that game?
    They bought thousands.
    The official attendance that day was 15,000 which was a complete load of bull! Leicester had at least 10k and we had the main stand and the north bank pretty full.

The capacity at Upton Park back then was about 32,000 I think so there must have been well over 20,000 there that day.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Felt like being at Rourke's Drift watching all those feckers coming in. Cracking atmosphere.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yeah was quality when we scored the 2 goals, especially David Whyte`s solo and when they missed the pen at the end! What a day! It was like Rourke`s Drift outside after as well lol

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccx4rBe8jqY
  • Options
    Was a cracking day but the one thing i can remember above all else is seeing a bloke in a rooster suit
  • Options
    I was in F block
  • Options
    In my day it was right side and left side Covered End ;-)
  • Options
    F block was the block
  • Options
    great days Fog Horn.

Feel old now :-(
  • Options
    they were a long time ago mate when you look back i remember paying a bout 3.50 i think to get in to upton park
  • Options

they were a long time ago mate when you look back i remember paying a bout 3.50 i think to get in to upton park

Yes NLA £3.50 im sure it was £3.00 at shithurst. AFKABartram you are old mate.
  • Options

F block was the block

THIS!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I could easily list off about 50+ names in the same age range at the time who were in linked groups without thinking too hard about it, amazing considering our crowds were 4-6000, we'd been away from the Valley for years and we had no mobiles or internet.

• Options
    it was a time of great fun though a band of brothers in many ways

that west ham supporters bar round the back of the ground was a great booze
  • Options

Yes sure there was to old gits on the door. remember going in the queens a few times aswell. Not bad as i was about 14 or 15 at the time.:)
  • Options
    Waldorf and statler signing you in and out was a good underage boozing hole
  • Options
    I used to frequent the Queens.
  • Options

I could easily list off about 50+ names in the same age range at the time who were in linked groups without thinking too hard about it, amazing considering our crowds were 4-6000, we'd been away from the Valley for years and we had no mobiles or internet.

Everyone knew each other by name or a nod and a wink. Its not quite the same anymore.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

"Have your money ready lads....fifty pee"
  • Options
    Pre Shithurst, all pwoper Charlton used to go on that little terrace between the covered end and the old west stand, mainly because it was about the only bit that hadn't been shut.
  • Options
    Memories are flooding back
  • Options
    fatrob said:

Memories are flooding back

Leicester throwing a meat pie up in the air when we scored. lol