Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players signing birthday cards.

Does anyone know if the players are still willing to sign birthday cards for kids?

I remember many years ago sending in a card to the club with a letter asking if the club would sign a birthday card and send it back in a self stamped and adressed envolope. Do they still do it?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Yes, send it to the Training Ground and they're as good as gold.

Last time I was there they had a load of shirts and cards laid out of the table to be signed by everyone as they came past.
  • Options
    Just do it yourself. Any kid who wants a card signed by a footballer isn't going to be old enough to realise it's a fake.
    I'll do it if you want, £10.
  • Options
    Steve Jones may be able to help out.
  • Options
    Do it mate, your kid will be over the moon and love you even more for it. My diamond of a mum did it for me and it was the best thing I got for my birthday. Even got a special birthday note from Carl Leaburn!

And so what if it was for my 21st!
  • Options
    My girlfriend got me a signed shirt for my birthday last month. Think she did it through Phil Chapple as he's family friend but still they signed it
  • Options
    I once got a card signed by Carl Leaburn, unfortunately it arrived at a house 100 yards down the road.
  • Options
    It's a gift for any age - I still treasure the wedding card signed by the players in 1986 which my fellow Addick best man somehow managed to organise. So, go for it Kev...
  • Options
    Darren Bent took my centenary shirt to get it signed by all the players. Silly sod forgot to sign it himself though!
  • Options
    Here we go again...
  • Options

Do it mate, your kid will be over the moon and love you even more for it. My diamond of a mum did it for me and it was the best thing I got for my birthday. Even got a special birthday note from Carl Leaburn!

And so what if it was for my 21st!

Don't laugh but I used to work at a firm in Harlow where Peter Burrage's mother was in charge of the directors dining Room. She knew I was a Charlton fan. and on myy 21st birthday. arranged for Peter to come in and give me a card signed by many of the then current Charlton players I was. dead chuffed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redcarter said:

Steve Jones may be able to help out.

He probably would, for a ton. And possibly, just possibly (though I wouldn't count on it) you may get it in time for the kids 30th

• Options
    Wow What a great club we have! It my step-sons 15th Birthday in May. Sometime in March I sent a card with a letter for the players etc to sign with a covering letter explaining he had some problems etc.

We were a little disappointed that we got no reply, but we didnt think too much about it.

Today, it turned up (3 months late) but it came with a letter from SCP saying sorry for the delay in sending it back. It also gave a great little pep-talk about keeping up the hard work etc. It would have been so easy for them to forget about it and just do nothing.

Charlton are a brilliant club! My step-son is as proud as punch today.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    cafckev said:

Wow What a great club we have! It my step-sons 15th Birthday in May. Sometime in March I sent a card with a letter for the players etc to sign with a covering letter explaining he had some problems etc.

We were a little disappointed that we got no reply, but we didnt think too much about it.

Today, it turned up (3 months late) but it came with a letter from SCP saying sorry for the delay in sending it back. It also gave a great little pep-talk about keeping up the hard work etc. It would have been so easy for them to forget about it and just do nothing.

Charlton are a brilliant club! My step-son is as proud as punch today.

The little things in life go a long way. Nice to read.