Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gareth Barry

2»

Comments

• Options
    Barry is class, Benitez tried to flog Alonso to Juve so he could buy him, so that proves how good he is....
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Im gonna be a hypocrite and post again. :-)

I have been lucky enough to visit a number of clubs around europe and the world, due to my job and link ups with local journalists.

To use an example of something i witnessed in Spain, it was a traditional training match between teenage players with the rules being they could only use their weak foot to touch the ball for that period of the game, if they used their stongest foot it was a foul to the other team, another example is watching coaches tell off the youngsters for taking shots from to far out even if he scores, when he has a teammate to pass to.

I found that astonishing for someone like myself who until the last few years has only had access to the traditional british coaching system.

There is a big difference between the winning at all costs attitude and winning, that is what english football needs to learn to go forward at an international level.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, but that's at a different level, in my opinion. Your original point wasn't about coaching kids, it was about Ferguson and England.

Once they are at International level, I can't see Ferguson getting a winning mentality into quality players (like the 3 mentioned earlier) as an issue.

Have to agree to completely disagree on this one, I think England would be a lot worse without United players.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Saw him trending on twitter.

Apparently there is some big debate about whether or not he owns 50% of Swindon.

Apparently its turning into a bit of a farce, sounds like there fans think its a bit of a circus there as well