Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

French Ligue 1

Comments

• Options
    Ha ha ha
  • Options
    So pleased for Lille. They've had some ownership issues this season too. A bit like Leicester they've sold on some players for huge profits over the last few years, Pepe/Gabriel to Arsenal, Osimhen to Napoli and Leao to Milan. They've managed to replace them well and although PSG haven't been as impressive, just 3 defeats all season is superb. 
  • Options
    Congratulations to Lille.
  • Options
    Ha ha ha
    Neymar's penalty?
  • Options
    Have seen a fair number of Ligue 1 games through BT Sport this season, more Lille (about 6-8 games) than any other team. They deserved the Championship. Used only 21 players all season and the zonal units were all solid and worked hard for one another. Jonathan David is a right handful with his pace and their young Dutch centre half Botman will go on to great things for sure. Yilmaz reminded me of Yann’s spell with us, came out of a pretty lean season or two aged 34 and hit some great goals, including free kicks to rack up 15-16 for the Champions. 

Will definitely try to take in a game on a Sunday afternoon in Lille next season if all back to normal.

• Options
    Love to see an underdog beat the might and financial clout of PSG.
     Lille kept their nerve throughout the season and kept in front of the capital team who are owned by an oil wealthy country.
  • Options
    Have seen a fair number of Ligue 1 games through BT Sport this season, more Lille (about 6-8 games) than any other team. They deserved the Championship. Used only 21 players all season and the zonal units were all solid and worked hard for one another. Jonathan David is a right handful with his pace and their young Dutch centre half Botman will go on to great things for sure. Yilmaz reminded me of Yann’s spell with us, came out of a pretty lean season or two aged 34 and hit some great goals, including free kicks to rack up 15-16 for the Champions. 

Will definitely try to take in a game on a Sunday afternoon in Lille next season if all back to normal.

Ha, i tried to do that when i started this thread 8 years ago! Never did make it over for a game....😆
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ha, i tried to do that when i started this thread 8 years ago! Never did make it over for a game....😆
    On Eurostar, Lille's a lot quicker to get to than a lot of domestic away games...
  • Options

I am defo aiming to do it and my son is well up for it. One of my great grandmother’s was from Lille, so we will make a weekend of it with the rest of my family and take in the sights as well as the football. When, who knows, but I will make it happen. I cannot wait to travel again!
  • Options
    Unsure how correct the below stats are, but this is apparently the transfers made under Luis Campos, while director of football under Monaco and then Lille. Some remarkable profits!

• Options
    Milan signing Maignan for just €15m is a fantastic bit of business. The Lille keeper was one of the best in the world this past season. An absolute steal for a 25 year old.

I wonder if this is the start of a bunch of players leaving Lille or will they be able to keep the bulk of their squad?
  • Options
    Great to see PSG lose :) love this , well done Lille
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Lens 2 years ago.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Lens 4 stand alone stands .
  • Options
    Lille’s manager has quit - not a bad way to go out! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Milan signing Maignan for just €15m is a fantastic bit of business. The Lille keeper was one of the best in the world this past season. An absolute steal for a 25 year old.

I wonder if this is the start of a bunch of players leaving Lille or will they be able to keep the bulk of their squad?
    Only had a year left on his contract and he wasn't going to renew so Milan have got a bargain.

Pretty much confirms that Donnarumma is leaving though, Maignan isn't going there to be a backup.
  • Options
    Unsure how correct the below stats are, but this is apparently the transfers made under Luis Campos, while director of football under Monaco and then Lille. Some remarkable profits!

Its correct.  Levy had been trying to bring him to Spurs as DOF for the last 18m to work with his best friend, a certain Jose Mourinho, where they worked together at Real Madrid.

From what we know, Levy still wants him.
  • Options
    so PSG no longer French champions,Juve 4th in Italy,Atletico reign in  Spain,withe exception of Germany,continental football could be a little more competitive.Good chance that our nearly teams will close the gap on City(providing they dont sign Kane,then that is game over)
  • Options

I am defo aiming to do it and my son is well up for it. One of my great grandmother’s was from Lille, so we will make a weekend of it with the rest of my family and take in the sights as well as the football. When, who knows, but I will make it happen. I cannot wait to travel again!

I have driven over to Lille 3 or 4 times for games, the best ones are the Saturday evening ones. Beer & Co is the best place to eat & drink before games and there is also a shopping centre to look around. Great day out
  • Options
    Gazza6 said:

I have driven over to Lille 3 or 4 times for games, the best ones are the Saturday evening ones. Beer & Co is the best place to eat & drink before games and there is also a shopping centre to look around. Great day out
    Sounds great. How long a drive after the tunnel/ferry if you don’t mind me asking. Cheers
  • Options
    Gazza6 said:

Sounds great. How long a drive after the tunnel/ferry if you don’t mind me asking. Cheers

1Hour 15 to hour 30 Minutes, Nice drive and you can park in the hotel car park, was 15 Euros. Stadium very nice but lacks atmosphere
  • Options
    Gazza6 said:
    Gazza6 said:

1Hour 15 to hour 30 Minutes, Nice drive and you can park in the hotel car park, was 15 Euros. Stadium very nice but lacks atmosphere
    A bit like the Emirates and Old Trafford then... 😂

Thank you, that is super close! 
  • Options
    Crazy game in Nice

Nice fans threw something at Payet it hit him he got frustrated and threw it back and it kicked off big time, fans ran onto the pitch and there was a mass brawl, fans v players.

Marseille manager lost the plot as well.

Absolutely crazy.

They are just stood their now waiting to see what happens
  • Options
    The Paqueta goal for Lyon was a thing of beauty.