Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reasons I Love Modern Football

The hope it seems to give people all over the world. Poor children in all corners of the world running around forgetting their problems for a moment just to be like Messi or Ronaldo.

The fact I can watch football on TV pretty much every day of the week so I don't have to watch endless soaps.

Decent facilities at most grounds

Comments

• Options
    Pie and a pint a fiver!
  • Options
    I know this thread wasn't meant to be serious, but answering the title...

Nor having to enter a riot zone around the ground.
    The 99% eradication of racist chanting (in the UK at least)
    More women at games
    Proper toilets
    Grounds that aren't crumbling around you, with a roof over your head when it rains
    Being able to see every goal scored in every game (how many of Killer's goals are on tape for example?)
  • Options
    The female presenters on sky sports news
  • Options
    It's (still) the greatest sport on earth and would argue that it brings people together like nothing else.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The fact that Billy Bongowongo from the Congo can earn £100k a week in the Prem - and bring all his family and friends back home out of poverty.
    It must also have a knock on effect benefiting their local community.

Africans here that I know are very strong with helping their family back home.
  • Options
    Agree with VG about being able to watch endless amounts of games. Although to be fair that's more down to the modern world rather than just modern football.
  • Options
    Actually following on from the i hate thread and pundits. Nowadays it is easier to find and read about a wide range of views on football. You can now choose to ignore those pundits on tv or in the mainstream newspapers and read the endless amounts of blogs, football websites, forums, twitter etc. Although you do have to be able to filter out a lot of nonsense as well. It's nice being able to have the choice.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Oggy Red said:

The fact that Billy Bongowongo from the Congo can earn £100k a week in the Prem - and bring all his family and friends back home out of poverty.
    It must also have a knock on effect benefiting their local community.

Africans here that I know are very strong with helping their family back home.

True.
    Have you come across what Drogba gives back to his home town?
    Astounding.

And to a lesser extent..even our own Yann and his f-a-side centre in a quiet part of France for the local kids.
    Knowing we pay a small percentage towards that goes a small way to justifying the prices we pay.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

The female presenters on sky sports news

this

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Seats. Fewer working class making themselves a nuisance around the place.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Actually following on from the i hate thread and pundits. Nowadays it is easier to find and read about a wide range of views on football. You can now choose to ignore those pundits on tv or in the mainstream newspapers and read the endless amounts of blogs, football websites, forums, twitter etc. Although you do have to be able to filter out a lot of nonsense as well. It's nice being able to have the choice.

Very true. A world where Ceefax was the height of instant communication!

Oh and Fantasy Football is another definite plus point of modern football, especially when it moved onto the internet