Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BWP and Danny Green on loan to Swindon Town. (didnt happen)

BBC Wiltshire's Chris Wise at Swindon Town's County Ground: "Bradley Wright-Phillips is due to arrive in Swindon at 2000 GMT to discuss a possible loan move from Charlton. Team-mate Danny Green is also set to sign until the end of the season, along with Cheltenham midfielder Marlon Pack."

Comments

• Options
    we've gotta have someone lined up to come in surely.
  • Options
    Two dud players in this league
  • Options
    swindon town = cafc reserves
  • Options
    Mike said:

Both have done nothing this season for Charlton other than pick up pay packets.
  • Options
    true but both have been on the bench a lot, who is going to take their spots?
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Mike said:

Both have done nothing this season for Charlton other than pick up pay packets.

they've hardly been given much of a chance............I think Azeez came on recetly ahead of BWP, so shows where CP thinks he is in the pecking order.

• Options
    Both played in more than a dozen games this season. One goal each.

Both played big parts in the Championship season seasin, BWP especially, and should both be held in high regard for that always.

But we need to reduce the wage bill. With luck some other players will come in.
  • Options
    BWP with what have got offer up front I cannot understand he'll come good for someone again
  • Options
    Mike said:

No one ever comes on anyway.
  • Options
    Mike said:

We have one of those?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sending BWP on loan would be a strange one as it means we're writing him off as a saleable asset. I think 6 months would do Greeny the world of good and he may come back full of confidence. Sometimes I wonder what might have been with him if he hadn't had that suspension at the start of last season. He looked like he was ready to take on the world in pre-season. Still, I'm hardly looking back ashamed of our work last year. With BWP though his contract is up come June so we're basically saying we can't sell him and we'd rather have him off the wage bill than keep him around, which is odd. Unless of course we have a decent replacement lined up, which as we're Charlton, we don't.

All of that assumes that this deal is actually on of course..
  • Options
    Great double signing for Swindon after losing Ritchie and good to help Paulo out.
  • Options
    BREAKING NEWS: Charlton are close to signing South Korean prodigy Fu-Kin No-Wan.
  • Options
    has this actually happened yet?
  • Options
    Loads of geezers standing around in the dark. Great tv.
  • Options
    Nothing on Cafc website yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    DONE DEAL - Wes Thomas - Bournemouth to Birmingham (Loan)
    DONE DEAL - Andros Townsend - Tottenham to QPR
  • Options

Nothing on Cafc website yet?

There won't be either.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    You scamp!
  • Options
    Mesi signs
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:
    Fell for it again - twice in one day ha ha
  • Options
    Ooh, shut that door
  • Options
    So no confirmation from either side yet
  • Options
    doesn't really matter - they were only loan deals so they can always go through next Friday.
  • Options
    Uncle Matt ‏@MattJarvisCAFC
    Football League refused Swindon any new registrations despite them agreeing deals with 3 players. Looks like BWP & Green are staying #cafc
  • Options
    Won't help the wage bill.
    I just hope they treat it as a wakeup call and fight for a starting slot from now on.
    Although being loan deals, can be moved on again soon. Watch this space.