Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

C.Palace vs. Charlton Ath | 2nd February 2013 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Bit worried they have signed Phillips and Dobie, good signings hopefully he can keep them quiet
  • Options
    Post Match Arrangements

CPFC supporters :-

To assist you in planning your journey home and to facilitate a safe and speedy egress of supporters away from the ground, CPFC fans exiting from Holmesdale Road will not be able to turn left into Park Road at the end of the game. Similarly, CPFC fans will not be able to access Park Road from Whitehorse Lane. CPFC fans with seats in the Arthur Wait Stand will be able to leave the ground through exit 4 (E4) in Park road and gain access into Holmesdale Road.

This measure will be for the minimum amount of time as is required to police the crowds effectively.

Pyrotechnics.

Due to the use of pyrotechnics at other recent football matches in the UK, we would like to remind all supporters that bringing a pyrotechnic item into a football stadium is a criminal offence.

Any person found to be in possession of such items will be arrested and dealt with accordingly.

Any further updates may be provided on match day via Twitter @MPSCroydon.

Thank you in anticipation of your support and understanding.

Croydon Football Unit.
  • Options
    Aha...'other recent football matches'. Like the reverse fixture then?
  • Options

Lets not be defeatist! I'm sure CP and the players know the importance of this match...and Palace aren't up to much right now...plus there will be 3,000 of us ...
    All will be clear in the first 15 minutes of each half - I hope Haynes and Fuller make an appearance at some point and rate the current set of lads to deliver on the day - maybe we sneak a result ?

did they not know the importance of the home match ? or Millwall away ? There were 3,000 of us at The New Den, we supported the lads well, but we barely had a shot worthy of note.

Hence, 3-0 defeat I'm afraid and 3,000 unhappy bunnies.

• Options
    Jedinak is confirmed out
  • Options
    John Sullivan ‏@JohnSullivan13
    See you in the away end tomorrow #cafc fans #awaydays #oooshhhhhhh #keepyanutdown
  • Options
    WSS said:

Jedinak is confirmed out

Fantastic news.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Jedinak is confirmed out

Good stuff
  • Options
    Large - I was at both of those games and at Millwall away the team showed a lot more bottle that previous displays ... the difference a few months on is that this team have shown they can hold their own vs anyone and the five man midfield is working most times...
    I reckon they know they are playing for their futures... why? No signings in the window but five players out of contract in the summer - some would have gone out on loan already if Swindon's house was in order. This should mean four or five new players coming in... and they won't be squad players as these should come from the academy...
    My only reservation is that the team hold it together at the beginning of each half and that we make the right subs at the right time!
  • Options
    JT said:

John Sullivan ‏@JohnSullivan13
    See you in the away end tomorrow #cafc fans #awaydays #oooshhhhhhh #keepyanutdown

Johnnie Jackson ‏@johnnie_jackson

@JohnSullivan13 no throwing flares this time John
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heard Red Division have a meet up planned with the Palace Utras. 10.30am in Crystal Palace Park, Glee-style, flash-mob sing off. Ultras to stumble with a out of time version of Beyonce's 'Single Ladies', while Red Division smash it with an on the money, upbeat version of 'Call me, maybe'.

High fives and Slush Puppies all round. Ye ha !

Draw
  • Options
    I think Chris will start with the same side and we bounce back after last week. Meaningful substitutions as well. 1-0 to the Addicks.
  • Options
    Palice have won 1 in 11, not exactly form to worry us. Particularly with our good away record.
  • Options
    In Powell we trust.
    1 nil down after 60 mins, dodgy penalty of course, then 3 substitutions all at once for us and the game is turned on it's head. Dervitte and Fuller to give us a 2-1 win.
  • Options
    Holloway to out fox SCP, I fear.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Charlton to score from a set piece would be my bet for tomorrow.
  • Options

Heard Red Division have a meet up planned with the Palace Utras. 10.30am in Crystal Palace Park, Glee-style, flash-mob sing off. Ultras to stumble with a out of time version of Beyonce's 'Single Ladies', while Red Division smash it with an on the money, upbeat version of 'Call me, maybe'.

Draw

@afka...

i see your coming round to my way of forecasting, bloodnut like this (thumbs up).
  • Options
    great video ... dean kielys finger tip penalty save and he just gets up and dusts himself down , no theatrics ... proper bloke
  • Options
    Would certainly take a draw. A late winner could result in 'trouser difficulties'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Sex wee"?
  • Options
    Guessing SCP might be wearing his brown underpants tomorrow...
  • Options

Draw

Great stuff, AFKA. If only real life could be like that.
  • Options
    I'm not too bothered about this game. I probably won't even listen to it. The Palace clowns will turn up for their cup final. It's a big rivalry for them but our rivals are Millwall. We don't even care about them.
  • Options
    Palace 5th from bottom of the form table with bloke at work (yes you know who MCS) covering his arse saying they are not very good, Holloway is really messing things up a bit and 'if we don't beat them at the moment we never will'.

That obviously isn't true but we need to take our chance as apart from ten minutes we have done well recently. Hopefully they won't turn it around tomorrow, if ever.

Unfortunately I'm not going :(
  • Options
    No Jedinak for them is great news

1-2
    Murray (pen)
    Jackson
    Kermorgant
  • Options
    1 - 13. COYR
  • Options
    I'm only going for the cheerleaders!
  • Options
    Can't sleep, 4 hours until the pub and seven until kick off COYR !
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Morning all. Game day. I'm off to the pub.

No prediction from me, actually have no idea. Jut hoping for a decent effort all round (from the London team anyway).