Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Queens Park Rangers

Reportedly paying Christopher Samba 100k a week. On top of the 70k+ a week they already pay to Zamora, SWP, Granero, Remy, Julio cesar.

This is just Portsmouth mark II - a small club with below average gates spending Champions League level wages to overrated players. And Harry is at the forefront of it all again.

Comments

• Options
    If they do go down this season they will be in trouble. Too many over rated high earners at the club.
  • Options
    I can't stand that crook but to be fair to Harry he's signed two big players, all the others are down to Hughes.

It looks like Fernandes can cash the cheques though (for now at least)
  • Options
    Samba's good, but £12.5m + £500k p/a is financial suicide.

I think it's been said before, Fernandez is rich but I don't think he's that rich and QPR are gambling big time with their current policy.
  • Options
    Absolute crook, I'd suggest QPR fans trademark AFC QPR just incase..
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Samba's good, but £12.5m + £500k p/a is financial suicide.

I think it's been said before, Fernandez is rich but I don't think he's that rich and QPR are gambling big time with their current policy.

£5m p/a even!
  • Options
    Fernandez is said to be worth £400 - £500m. He owns 66% of QPR

The Mittel Family, who still own 33% of the club, are said to be worth £21 Billion.

QPR are certainly gambling that they can stay up and stay on the £70m+pa Premier league gravy train.

But if they go down their owners have very deep pockets. Most importantly the owners seem willing to dip into those pockets.
  • Options
    Owners have lots of money but will they lose interest if they go down?

There spending ridiculous money on average players
  • Options

Owners have lots of money but will they lose interest if they go down?

There spending ridiculous money on average players

Maybe they will lose interest but now they seem to be willing to pump money in.

• Options
    All seems a little ironic really considering Harry's comments about the wages a few weeks back.

They've actually looked a lot better since bringing the likes of Hill, Nelson, Derry into the side.
  • Options

The Mittel Family, who still own 33% of the club, are said to be worth £21 Billion.

QPR are certainly gambling that they can stay up and stay on the £70m+pa Premier league gravy train.

But if they go down their owners have very deep pockets. Most importantly the owners seem willing to dip into those pockets.

But doesn't it depend how the ownership is structured ? I highly doubt any of Fernandez or the Mittals personal fortunes are at jeapordy unless they wish it to be so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Mittals are very, very shrewd investors across a whole range of sectors, they are renowned for not putting up much capital and yet always walking away with a big profit.

Methinks
  • Options
    Not sure how this fits in with Harry's speech about the ridiculous salaries that Hughes had been paying. Do as I say, not as I do.
  • Options
    If they go down, the only thing in their favour is that i'm sure they'd be able to shift all the new players on big wages off the books.

• Options
    but he'll say the wages are not down to him and the chairman / cheif exec arranges the contracts..............
  • Options

but he'll say the wages are not down to him and the chairman / cheif exec arranges the contracts..............

Exactly right. And putting 2 keepers on the bench the other night was in no way an attempt to try and force the owners to part with more cash for players.
  • Options
    Another basket case Football club I am afraid can't see anything but bad coming out of this. Lets face it they have a shit ground, small support and are punching above their weight...or not as this season is showing! How can they afford to pay anyone £100k/week......nuts!
  • Options

They're spending more than £70m p/a to stay there so its not really a gravy train.

This is one of the problems in English football, everyone is desperate to get to the Premiership so they can finally make some money only to find hardly anyone does and you usually end up losing more money stating there than you did getting there.

The whole gravy train thing is actually a bit of a myth.
  • Options
    Madness really but Redknapp does it each time..going to take sometime for the squad to gel surely?
  • Options
    If QPR disappeared, I would very soon forget they ever existed.
  • Options
    I so hope they go down .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I so hope they go down .

I know what you mean Beds and agree with you, but in another way I don't as I see them as a potential threat to us next season , but with serious money behind them, they'd have the pick of players in this division, because they'd pay over the odds to get them.

• Options
    I wonder if Rosie the Dog has some of her food stored in brown envelopes?
  • Options
    I'm not sure how this sort of expenditure fits in with the Financial Fair Play restrictions...
  • Options

I so hope they go down .

I know what you mean Beds and agree with you, but in another way I don't as I see them as a potential threat to us next season , but with serious money behind them, they'd have the pick of players in this division, because they'd pay over the odds to get them.

Me to. Will be broke by then.

• Options
    Here is a quote today from the man himself:

"I don't know why I am associated with deadline day, I didn't do that much business with Spurs."

I'm really not sure anymore whether he believes this or he is just on a massive wind up.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Sadly, it's all a bit too late for Rosie, Len.

She's brown bread.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

LenGlover said:

Sadly, it's all a bit too late for Rosie, Len.

She's brown bread.

Tesco's burger?
  • Options
    £129.2m spent by PSG on recent transfers.
  • Options

£129.2m spent by PSG on recent transfers.

Crazy money but at least they are trying to do the right thing long term like City rather then a Chelsea/QPR situation.
  • Options
    Probably going to recoup some of that 129m by selling a few million Beckham shirts in Asia