Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Other Football Tonight

Great game from The Emirates tonight. 2nd half was quite breathtaking. Arsenal are only a defence short of a title winning team. Our estranged cousins fought back from 2 nil down and could have easily have nicked all three points in the end.
Pleasing to see W Ham lose to struggling Fulham. As mentioned elsewhere Chelsea again blew a lead and are just too far behind now to challenge.
Great night/two nights for Utd, with City drawing a blank at the 4th best team in West London, they made the most of it by winning at home to The Saints. Not plain sailing though as yet again they had to come from behind after a massive cock-up involving Carrick and De gea. Rooney got a brace and the usually reliable Rip Van Winkle should have got a least one himself before half time. Different story 2nd half as Soton played very positively and dominated. The new manager there seems to be having an effect. Second time I've seen Soton on TV since her turned up and they play some football you don't normally see in England. how long before we hear the Nigel Knock, Knock joke on the south coast?
Fergie admitted that they were hanging on but blamed the Old Trafford pitch rather than praise Soton. He's so gracious. Roll out the cliches though, win ugly, sign of Champs etc.
Everton quietly picked another solid win increasing the stock of former Ging-er Davy Moyes. How long before he gets an invite to a rather large yacht?
Finally young Mr Hughton must have enjoyed holding his old club where he was number 2 to more Managers than Harry's managed clubs!

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Agreed, really enjoyed watching Arsenal attack second half, if they could sign a player like Hummels and possibly a midfield enforcer, they could do well.

Pleased Giroud is coming good to, nice guy(even though he dived) and hated the typical reaction his signing got in the british press.

Now waiting to get told off for not hating Arsenal. :)

• Love Charlton, Love Football, Love Life.
  • Huddesfield 1-0 nigels.

Very pleased with that

Very pleased with that

I forgot that game was tonight, fantastic result.

Very pleased with that

Palace didn't get a penalty. Is this a first this season ?
  • Just coming back from Fulham v W Ham, great to see West Ham lose - very average team.

Dreadful support at Fulham, I was surrounded by suits all checking their phones to see how Arsenal, Spurs and Man U were getting on!

Very pleased with that

+1

Very pleased with that

Palace didn't get a penalty. Is this a first this season ?
    Saving them for Saturday.
    I wonder what the odds on them getting a pen on saturday will be?
  • Riviera said:

Great game from The Emirates tonight. 2nd half was quite breathtaking. Arsenal are only a defence short of a title winning team. Our estranged cousins fought back from 2 nil down and could have easily have nicked all three points in the end.
    Pleasing to see W Ham lose to struggling Fulham. As mentioned elsewhere Chelsea again blew a lead and are just too far behind now to challenge.
    Great night/two nights for Utd, with City drawing a blank at the 4th best team in West London, they made the most of it by winning at home to The Saints. Not plain sailing though as yet again they had to come from behind after a massive cock-up involving Carrick and De gea. Rooney got a brace and the usually reliable Rip Van Winkle should have got a least one himself before half time. Different story 2nd half as Soton played very positively and dominated. The new manager there seems to be having an effect. Second time I've seen Soton on TV since her turned up and they play some football you don't normally see in England. how long before we hear the Nigel Knock, Knock joke on the south coast?
    Fergie admitted that they were hanging on but blamed the Old Trafford pitch rather than praise Soton. He's so gracious. Roll out the cliches though, win ugly, sign of Champs etc.
    Everton quietly picked another solid win increasing the stock of former Ging-er Davy Moyes. How long before he gets an invite to a rather large yacht?
    Finally young Mr Hughton must have enjoyed holding his old club where he was number 2 to more Managers than Harry's managed clubs!

On MOTD he said they were the best team to play against them at OT this year. Not sure what you watched.
    Ps Hate the Arse!!!!
  • They were his immediate post match comments reported on Radio5, he'd obviously composed himself by the time he did MOTD.