Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lords ballot

Anyone managed to get tickets for the Aussie bashing that is due to take place in the summer yet?
I've not heard a dickie.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2013
    I haven't heard either.
  • Options
    Neither have I, though I did put in for £2k worth of tickets some I'm hoping I don't get them all!
  • Options
    Just noticed this,

Ticket ballot latest
    Date released: 28 January 2013

Due to the unprecedented demand for tickets for this coming Season's International Matches, the General Public Ballot is currently running, and you will be informed of success or otherwise by Wednesday 30 January.

• Options
    Thanks Plaaayer, I'd kind of assumed that I'd not got anything.
  • Options
    Got tickets for the oval test
  • Options
    Haven't heard anything either and checking the bank balance daily. Did know that the deadline was pushed back. Also applied for lots of tickets so relieved they all haven't come back as successful as would be skint!! got some for The Oval already.

Keep reminding myself if we don't get any, we were lucky to see what we saw 2 years ago and to not be disappointed but still will be gutted if we dont get to at least 1 day!

....he bowls to the left......
  • Options
    Got 2 days at The Oval, but not been debited for Lords.
  • Options
    I've got Trent Bridge, Old Trafford, Durham and The Oval, one day at each. Relying on my many MCC member friends to sort me for Lords, they usually do. I've been to at least one day of every Ashes series at home since 1972. Went to all 5 in 2009.
    Not been away yet, well not to Oz, been WI though, 1994.
  • Options
    Mike said:

Got tickets for the oval test

Heard that Slurry were charging over a hundred notes just to become a member before you can buy any tickets?

• Options
    Didn't for me. I'm already a member with Surrey, although have never paid anything for it. I've bought a few Surrey tickets on there before. I didnt win the ballot but just went straight on after and bought the tickets. Haven't arrived yet mind!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    never seen an ashes test in the flesh. on the ballot for lords.

It's a shame we dont have an MCG type ground. 100 odd thousand. but just like the MCG it would look pretty crap only a third full for any other match.
  • Options
    Carly Burn - £182 for a County membership and £20 for my sixteen year old. That allows me 2 x days at the Test and the one day internationals, purchased at a reduced rate (last season it was £50 & £5).Not bad as it includes the County 20-20s at £20 a go, the CB 40s and the 4-day games.
    As Lords only sell U16 tickets, I've had to go 2 x £80 for Lords. £160 for one days cricket, If I'm lucky enough to win in the ballot. So a whole season for £202 compared to £160 for a day.

How much is the Kent membership and does it include the 20-20s? Would be interesting to know.

The hidden value for me, is the quality of the seats and facilities in the Pavilion at the Oval and in the members enclosures at away grounds.
  • Options
    The Oval is the best viewing Test ground in the country now, it used to be the worst in the 70's when you were miles away from the action.
  • Options
    Got an email last night, 2 tickets to the Ashes Test and 4 to the ODI vs New Zealand.

Happy with that.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Got an email last night, 2 tickets to the Ashes Test and 4 to the ODI vs New Zealand.

Happy with that.

Lucky boy.

Got rejected for the Oval, and forgot to put myself into ballot for Lords - fool !

• Options
    Anything left goes on GS, Friday at 9.30, might be worth trying then.
  • Options
    I got 2 tickets for the ODI vs NZ but missed out on the Ashes. Gutted, as I usually go to the Lords Test every year. Demand must have been very high this year.
  • Options
    I've not heard anything. So i'm guessing that doesn't bode well.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    they've taken the bit off the website saying you should find out today and it says that the ballot is still running, but added that you will be notified if you are successful or not, so everyone should receive an email confirming either way - all is not lost - yet! Fingers Crossed everyone!
  • Options
    Suzi might have to settle for the paralympic Ashes series a month later....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

Happy with that.

Well done, didn't get anything for Lords or the Oval, but got a ticket for Old Trafford
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Suzi might have to settle for the paralympic Ashes series a month later....

haha!!
  • Options
    They've not even had the decency to tell me I'm a loser yet!
  • Options
    Still nothing. Them old boys in red and yellow ties couldn't organise a pi...........
  • Options
    Anyone got anything!?

@les_says has something in his account regarding £30 tickets even though he didnt apply for them, but no email confirming, so fingers crossed - better than nothing!

Am currently trying my luck with the company box at Lords! if you don't ask you don't get I suppose, although I'll be so far down the pecking order!
  • Options
    No e mail & no debit for me & the same for my mates. Poor show :-(
  • Options
    My work is near Lords and this means I'll be commuting during the ashes with all those posh wallys in their clashing ties. Will annoy me more if I don't get to go!
  • Options

My work is near Lords and this means I'll be commuting during the ashes with all those posh wallys in their clashing ties. Will annoy me more if I don't get to go!

I'll wave to you on the way past

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

Happy with that.

So am I , nice one cheers mate
  • Options
    Ballot still ongoing apparently.
    You can't rush these people.