Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Parker

2»

Comments

• Options
    Parker was very good for us but not in the same "league" in attitude as Kinsella was.
  • Options

He didn't say he was one of the best players we best plays we ever had, he said he was one of the best players we've produced.

Exactly.

People glad to call Danny Shittu Charlton on Friday when he scored for Millwall but I don't think he actually played for the 1st team either. You can't have it both ways!
  • Options
    good player but not a great one imho.
  • Options
    Is the Lee mentioned above Lee Boyer or Rob(ert) Lee ?

Odd that Palace managed to persuade Man U to pay a fortune and also loan the player back but we have failed on both fronts for the last few youth sales.

Would Zaha, Palace or Man U have made that decision ?

• Options
    Odd that Palace managed to persuade Man U to pay a fortune and also loan the player back but we have failed on both fronts for the last few youth sales.

Scott Parker was bought by Chelsea for one reason only; Charlton were their biggest threat at the time and to take our most influential player out of the equation was a small price to pay for them. Loaning him back would never have been an option.
  • Options

...Scott Parker was bought by Chelsea for one reason only; Charlton were their biggest threat at the time and to take our most influential player out of the equation was a small price to pay for them. Loaning him back would never have been an option.

As well as Parker, Chelsea also bought Veron from Man Utd, Duff from Blackburn, Bridge from Southampton, and Cole & Johnson from West Ham during the 2003-4 season. I have often thought that their strategy at that time was to buy the best player they could from any Prem team that would sell to them, thereby hoarding the division's top talent. They might not all get a game every week, but they could guarantee that they would never play against them.
  • Options
    Parker in the 2004-6 team would've been superb.
  • Options
    I loved Scotty, to the point where I brought my girlfriend (now Wife) a extra large Scotty t-shirt from the club shop to wear as a night gown (that sounds weirder that it was, I think). However, when I first started watching the team as a nipper with my Dad, Robert Lee was out talisman and I dont think i've seen a better player since. I would say that the year we lost in the play off semi's to Palace, a young Lee Bowyer was probably close behing Lee and Rufus for me and above Parker.
  • Options
    For the moment.

RD has plans..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Utterly mad. Even if he was playing in the prem. that's mad.
  • Options
    £3.9M per year in The Championship. Wow.
  • Options
    Doubt it
  • Options

£3.9M per year in The Championship. Wow.

Blimey - that's £177,272 per game for his 22 outings last season ! I thought he looked quite useful against us. I don't suppose he'll play that many more games for Fulham in 2015/16.

One of my sons was talking to Fulham fan earlier this week and they are apparently going through the same process with Patrick Roberts and Man City that we are with Joe Gomez and Liverpool (Roberts has a year left on his deal and they are hoping for a loan-back and an ultimate deal of £10 million). At least the proceeds of Joe's sale will either be reinvested in the squad or used to pay next season's losses, rather than being used to fund older, exorbitant contracts.

Incidentally, the guy quoted as the Championship's second biggest earner, Pogrebnyak (said to be on £55,000-a-week) was apparently being given extra coaching lessons by Reading a while back on how to head the ball. Just occasionally, I can begin to see Roland's point....