Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No more CL for me for some time, I now have to read the whole of the 1986 Argos Catalog

Thanks to @DanDavis I now have to read the entire 1986 Argos Catalog back to back to see how much of my family's stuff might have come from them. How much it was
How many things I wanted for Christmas or Birthdays. My life now feels like it might just be complete.

Comments

• I resisted the temptation to click the link - I'd never get anything done!
  • Haha glad I can help! Looking at the kettles on page 106....they loved a bit of beige in the 80's eh?!

In case you missed the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38301877@N05/sets/72157619081815831/with/3589978759/
  • DanDavis said:

Haha glad I can help! Looking at the kettles on page 106....they loved a bit of beige in the 80's eh?!

LOL at Dan. Kettles .....ha ha!

Proper Charlton Life.
  • Thundercats sword for £3.95!!

i used to have that toy box set £17.95.
  • mr frosty ice maker!!! argh man.
  • Karim .....do some work!!!!

;o)
  • work...its not gonna happen now. my boss has just come over, he's checking out the raydyot head lamps. £7.99.
  • It's Life on Mars Time
  • I think ether Argos sold every last thing in the whole world in the 80's or my Parents where Argos junkies. I am only on page 119 (and i skipped the crappy jewelry) and must be averaging 1 item per page!
  • loved my mask toys, i was 6 when that come out so loads of memories in that book, from toys to the telephone we had at home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hitachi remote control colour TV for £259.99. 16 inch model. What a bargin!!!
  • It's the Phillips midi hi if I went straight to loved it didn't realize it cost my mum and dad so much best Xmas present ever

Recording the top 100 on capital pressing pause to not have the adverts or talking on a sunday late afternoon early evening to then put in my Walkman whilst hanging around on the estate
  • The Laminated Book of Dreams.
  • Remember doing that as well to miss the talking!
    Had a Hitachi myself for about my 12 or 13 birthday I think cost a fortune back then.
  • I daren't look - there was the year when a pissed Santa dropped my black and white "portable" TV when carrying it up the stairs late on Christmas eve. Lovely thing - size of 6 breeze blocks, 3 times as heavy and tuned by a massive round thing on the front. Never worked though (for obvious reasons).
  • Stand up hoovers! With bags! Jesus.
  • Interesting though, some things are exactly the same price. Extension cable reels for instance. I'd better hold on to my old one for a while until it becomes a collectable.