Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolves v Blackburn Tonight on SkySports

I am looking forward to this one. Two founder members of the FL, two classic, almost unique playing strips, two rank underachievers in recent years, two brand new managers with their first games in charge (presuming Appleton has signed on the dotted line by kick off time), two championship midtable sides who should be doing much better than they are, two of our rivals in a hard to predict, topsy turvy division.

The 1960 cup final between these two is the first cup final that I have real memories of, sitting with my dad and granddad, watching the one televised game of the year, in black and white on a screen little larger than a postcard. Compare to today's televised games with slowmo, stopmo, all kinds of momomo in high def, six games a week. This was the game in which Wigan owner Dave Whelan sustained the broken leg which ended his career and catapaulted him towards millionaire retailer status. No substitutes in those days. Ten man Blackburn were stuffed 3-0.

Two expensively assembled sides, I am hoping for a humdinger. We shall see.

Who will win ? .... Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 v Blackburn Rovers 3

Comments

• Options
    This will be an interesting game considering all that has been going on at both clubs recently. New manager effect will see a Wolves home win I expect.
  • Options
    Hard one to call but I think Blackburn will win this by the odd goal in three .
  • Options
    Nervy, edgy affair. Nobody will want to be crap as that's them booted out of the club. Some will try to do too much to impress the new gaffer.

I doubt a humdinger - more likely a drab affair
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    I've put blackburn and rhodes to score 1st goal in my latest losing bet perm. LOL
  • Options

I've put blackburn and rhodes to score 1st goal in my latest losing bet perm. LOL

who else do you have in that ill fated perm ?
  • Options
    0-0 draw
  • Options
    Going to watch it tonight and judge how bad we are or not
  • Options

Going to watch it tonight and judge how bad we are or not

same here
  • Options
    so far it's more damp squib than humdinger .. (:-<)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kazim richards has some serious attitude
  • Options

Well balanced individual. Has a chip on both shoulders.

• Options
    1-0 Blackburn. Rhodes penalty
  • Options
    Pen given by that idiot linesman we had running the East Stand line the other week. Looks like a stamp collector.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    shirty5 said:

Well balanced individual. Has a chip on both shoulders.

But he has rattled a few Wolves defenders as well as kicking them, Henry, his first 'victim' needs no lessons in dirty work
  • Options
    are those fans calling Danny Murphy a rude name?
  • Options
    Banker ? Flanker ? Stinker ? Rotter ?
  • Options
    Macronate said:

are those fans calling Danny Murphy a rude name?

I think everyone hates him.
    2 very poor teams first half, seperated by a dive for a penalty.
  • Options
    the game so far shows that Deanooooo has a lot of work to do at Wolves .. Blackburn are marginally more skillful& better organised
  • Options
    good player o hara
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    according to one out of the blue site, O'Hara is the most valuable midfielder in the champ .. Wouldn't go that far, but what a great cross
  • Options

according to one out of the blue site, O'Hara is the most valuable midfielder in the champ ..

Would look good in Scarlett....?
  • Options
    Mike said:

good player o hara

He is, but seems to pick up lots of injuries, good "buzzy" midfielder who really drives his team forward.
  • Options
    a disappointing game .. but Blackburn showed enough to suppose that we'll need to be really at it to get anything at Ewood
  • Options

according to one out of the blue site, O'Hara is the most valuable midfielder in the champ .. Wouldn't go that far, but what a great cross

Probably highest paid, around 30k pw isn't it?

• Options
    Damn it, was gonna do a 1-1 for the CL predictions league.
  • Options
    I thought at the start of the season none of the relegated Premiership teams will go straight back up and that game tonight proved me right.