Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton

2»

Comments

• Options
    Big chance for us Saturday
  • Options
    Silly
  • Options
    Well, Venkys seem to be pretty villified so it's no surprise that they're trying to employ Voldemort..
  • Options
    Don't really understand the fuss with Appleton. So he was manager of Portsmouth at a time when they were beyond skint and were therefore couldn't be saved from relegation, continual losses etc.

He just got all the applause and credit for 'sticking with it' and putting a brave face on.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    he's got a good agent
  • Options
    Sure the thought of a nice pay-off in a few months came into mind...
  • Options
    cafctom said:

He just got all the applause and credit for 'sticking with it' and putting a brave face on.

Reminds me of Steve Kean.
  • Options
    left right before our game just like kean at blackburn. Lets hope we take advantage.

Average manager though, Blackburn are a laughing stock
  • Options
    Mike said:

left right before our game just like kean at blackburn. Lets hope we take advantage.

Average manager though, Blackburn are a laughing stock

They remind me of us when we were in their position. Sacking crap managers but should have never appointed them in the first place. Especially Henning Berg who got sacked by Lillestrom. Appleton will be the same.
  • Options
    Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
    #SSN understands Blackburn agree compensation with Blackpool for Michael Appleton. He is expected to be named Rovers boss within 24 hours
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Hilarious !
    When they sack Appleton (probably in the summer), I wonder if they'll go for Les Reed ? :-)
  • Options

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
    #SSN understands Blackburn agree compensation with Blackpool for Michael Appleton. He is expected to be named Rovers boss within 24 hours

It's ok, Bowyer was guaranteed the job until end of January. Wait.

What a circus.

• Options
    How often does a manager have 3 clubs in one season ?
  • Options
    Appleton has to take it, as there's no way Blackpool fans would take him back.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

How often does a manager have 3 clubs in one season ?

I think Roy Hodgson might have done 3 in a year. Fulham, Liverpool and West Brom.
  • Options

Why arent any clubs going in for kenny jackett???

Good question, I utterly hate Scumwall but you can't deny he has done a great job there and has a very good eye for a player - excluding his acquisition of a certain Therry Racon.
    Did well at Swansea too.
  • Options
    How bad must things be at Blackpool if he's going to Blackburn?
  • Options
    Officially Blackburn manager.
  • Options
    Reckon he'll be sacked in the summer.