Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£62 a Ticket - Arsenal v Man City This Weekend

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Simonsen said:

JohnBoy.....do you know how many season ticket holders you have? (wondering how may tickets are on general sale for Spurs supporters?)

Generally between 2,500-3,000 tickets go on sale to the members list...then if there are any left they go on general sale.
    That's a lot of season ticket holders and no doubt still got thousands on the waiting list? Your new ground can't come soon enough!
  • Options
    My boys ar both eventon fans as well as being valley season ticket holders and they normally pay 35-38 each for gladish street end with I think is good value compared to championship prices?
    Especially 32 to sit in a wooden hut at palace!
  • Options

Joke but then planty of tourists will go to Arsenal and they will fill it so if the real supporter loses out who cares we can have another passionless nobody who no one will even realise was there clicking away at his camera for 90 minutes. The sooner it goes bang the better

In the good old days it was cheap to get into Highbury and you could pay on the gate. The atmosphere was still shit. They might as well charge the plums for the privelige of sitting quietly mumbling.

• Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Hope Spurs have the decency to charge Arsenal £62 for the return fixture

We wont but we should do.

The games are graded as follows:

Cat A | Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, West Ham United
    Cat B | Aston Villa, Everton, Fulham, Newcastle United, Norwich City, Queens Park Rangers, Southampton, Sunderland
    Cat C | Reading*, Stoke City*, Swansea City*, West Bromwich Albion*, Wigan Athletic*

Park Lane lower: A = £48, B = £37, C = £32
    Park Lane upper: A = £54, B = £41, C = £37

You have to wonder how much them prices will go up once the new stadium is built!

Strange that Fulham are a Cat B! Disgusting prices as well. I remember being outraged at paying £27 for a Park Upper ticket!
    Yeah, but we're Cat D.
  • Options
    Liverpool charge £45 for the Kop for their category A matches, that's pretty good value i think
  • Options

Liverpool charge £45 for the Kop for their category A matches, that's pretty good value i think

Plus you get an extra minute added to the beginning of every game at Anfield. Great value.
  • Options
    but you are surrounded by loads of Scousers.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

but you are surrounded by loads of Scousers Norwegians.

How £45 is good value I'll never know. That's 50p a minute, which people would complain paying for a phone call.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

How £45 is good value I'll never know. That's 50p a minute, which people would complain paying for a phone call.
    But not a brass (would only cost me 25p)
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

I meant in terms of some of the other prices around. 62 quid at Arsenal, 55 at QPR, 32 at Palace.

45 for Liverpool v United/Chelsea/City seems decent in comparison.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There was a Man City fan on talk sport last night talking about game categorisation. His point was a valid one, wherever he goes it's always a Cat A game because it's Man City, so over a season he reckons he's paying anything up to double what a fan following Norwich away would for example. They play QPR this week, Cat C is £35, Cat A is £53.

The point he made was that categorisation shouldn't apply to away fans. It's pure profiteering as the bigger clubs will sell out no matter what. He claimed that at Man City that there was a flat rate for away fans, and categorisation only applied to home areas. I would assume that means away fans play the lowest categorisation price in order to fulfil league rules on pricing.

Of course clubs aren't going to turn down what is essentially free money, but maybe the should be forced to. Categorisation is done to match pricing to demand. As the away demand is fairly constant, then the categorisation simply become preferential pricing. So QPR will charge Norwich fans less than Man City fans purely on the basis of who those fans support, both will comfortably sell out the away end, so there is little difference in the demand.
  • Options

There was a Man City fan on talk sport last night talking about game categorisation. His point was a valid one, wherever he goes it's always a Cat A game because it's Man City, so over a season he reckons he's paying anything up to double what a fan following Norwich away would for example. They play QPR this week, Cat C is £35, Cat A is £53.

The point he made was that categorisation shouldn't apply to away fans. It's pure profiteering as the bigger clubs will sell out no matter what. He claimed that at Man City that there was a flat rate for away fans, and categorisation only applied to home areas. I would assume that means away fans play the lowest categorisation price in order to fulfil league rules on pricing.

Of course clubs aren't going to turn down what is essentially free money, but maybe the should be forced to. Categorisation is done to match pricing to demand. As the away demand is fairly constant, then the categorisation simply become preferential pricing. So QPR will charge Norwich fans less than Man City fans purely on the basis of who those fans support, both will comfortably sell out the away end, so there is little difference in the demand.

Don't agree with the last paragraph, there will always be bigger demand for away tickets from the bigger clubs as they tend to have more supporters.

After Norwich have been in the prem a few years they'll stop selling out away games if they are being charged high prices, other "category c" teams already don't take a full allocation and charging everyone the same (and that would just be the category a price btw) would further reduce demand.

In addition it seems correct that a ticket for Man City v QPR costs more than QPR v Norwich, wherever you sit in the stadium.

Rather than try and have a uniform price for all teams, which I think is wrong, I think it's the price that the tickets are set at which needs to be addressed. Arsenal should be embarrassed to charge £62 to sit in the worst seats in their stadium, but they probably aren't.
  • Options
    Why does it have to be the clubs who take a stand?
  • Options

Why does it have to be the clubs who take a stand?

Yeah I think its great if the Man City fans refuse to pay and send tickets back and put a bit of power back in their hands.
    Just a shame non members will see it as an opportunity to go and will fork out.
    The sad thing is that I doubt the top clubs will ever fail to sell out - especially those in London as they attract neutrals and tourists.

I blame sky sports!
  • Options
    edited January 2013

GRAY9 said:

I think £32 for Palace Charlton is probably worse than £62 to watch 2 of the top 4 teams in England play each other.

Why? Are Manchester City fans inherently richer than Charlton or Palace fans?

To be honest if you replaced Charlton with another nobody team I would rather pay the £62
  • Options
    West Ham fans not enamoured at paying £45 for the midweek F A Cup replay at Old Trafford after West Ham charged the Mancs £25 for the first fixture. All very eloquently put http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126653
  • Options
    Fan power. Will take some organising but it might as well start here. If fans set the prices what should be top whack? I suggest
    PL £45
    Championship £30
    L1 £25
    L2 (who gives a flying as we'll never have to pay it) £20

These would be top price for best seats at attractive games and fans would have to be prepared to boycott every single game at which the price was higher. It would have an impact on just about every non PL club apart from those that charge reasonable amounts. All we have to do is get buy-in from every football fan in the country. Simple. By the way I know that doesn't exactly help Arsenal or QPR fans but who cares about Arsenal any way and QPR will be back to 12000 max next season in the Champ and will be doing football for a fiver like us.

Secondary boycott would be to spend nothing else in the ground when top prices charged for crappy fixtures. sounds like a plan to me!
  • Options
    It isn't just ticket prices that are out of control....

(from Espn.com)

"The most expensive cup of tea is in Manchester, where both City and United charge 2.50 pounds"

That's more expensive than Starbucks!
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

(from Espn.com)

"The most expensive cup of tea is in Manchester, where both City and United charge 2.50 pounds"

But you have to take the tax payment into consideration.

• Options
    I would like to see a food & drinks boycott at palace, can't see it happening though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I would like to see a food & drinks boycott at palace, can't see it happening though!

Just stock up in Sainsburys before hand!

• Options

Arsenal have a VERY expensive stadium to pay for and need to finance the millions to pay part time male model / footballer Walcott

Indeed.

The Standard tonight had the ticket story slap bang next to a story about Walcott's new pay offer. I know you can argue "market forces" and all that, but its getting even more ridiculous than ever now.
  • Options
    At the end of the game while shaking the city players hands, said go to your fans, they payed £62 for that. Great thing to say.
  • Options
    Presumably when they stop paying it, instead of showing up with a banner.
  • Options

Presumably when they stop paying it, instead of showing up with a banner.

Agreed - I would have been more impressed if they had returned every single ticket, but would never happen.

• Options
    DanDavis said:

(from Espn.com)

Both clubs paying tax on tea?
  • Options

At the end of the game while shaking the city players hands, said go to your fans, they payed £62 for that. Great thing to say.

Who said that ?
  • Options
    The linesman
  • Options
    Crazy money for a game of Football how can this be the working man's game?