Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Salim Kerkar

Comments

• Options
    He is the worst player I have seen in a charlton shirt for ages, jfh And Barnes were better.
  • Options
    fenn3098 said:

He is the worst player I have seen in a charlton shirt for ages, jfh And Barnes were better.

No......Traore, Faye you could go on, we've had some right stinkers in the last 5 or so years.

• Options
    Got some assists this season got to be for something. He's very unpredictable when running at defenders. However he has reached a bad patch of form. How bad was he today ? Remembering he hasn't had much game time lately ?
  • Options
    Luxury player IMO, so frustrating to watch at times.
  • Options

For a couple of games this season he managed to vaguely convince me that he knew how to play football but since then WTF?
    Today he was so bad I felt sorry for him - has no pace, strength, can't tackle, can't cross and is the worst header of a ball I've ever seen.
    Am I missing something?

No. He is and always has been (at Charlton) complete and utter cack. For the life of me I can't see what the hell CP or some fans see in him. Left midfield is by far our most urgent strengthening priority. Kerkar and Cook, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFS!
  • Options
    Have said this all along. He is robbing a living as a footballer. No pace, no real idea of how to play and he DOES NOT BEAT defenders - have lost count of the people who claim he does this! He gets the occasional cross in by trying to swing it around the defender...NEVER by beating him. One good free kick today, but would be better suited at his old club.
  • Options
    7 posts before 'whipping boy' was used. Just waiting on 'scapegoat' to complete a double.

Or have I done it myself?

Kerkar would probably have benefited from being with us last season in L1. He's got 6 assists which is a decent return but it is understandable why people find him frustrating.

I think CP knows he needs new wide men but with Jackson playing well on the left against Watford I'm not too concerned just yet.
  • Options
    Sorry VG, but he would benefit from being in League 1...full stop! Really want it to work for any player who pulls on our shirt, but he just doesn't cut it.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    This game gives plenty for the management team and board to think about... the league might be priority but a decent cup run gets fans talking & turning up.
    I went but really struggled not to leave early ... not the line up but the lack of passion and precision... cannot blame the front two as zero delivery to feet.
    When he gets it right Kerkar puts in a tasty cross... in previous games he has beaten players, stepovers etc as his record on assists shows...
    until a billionaire comes in or the academy produces i say lets enjoy the progress of the last two years
  • Options
    I was looking forward to playing Chelsea of Man Utd Away....So much for Powell's cup run......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kerkar to me is Hameur Boazza 2013.

Got something there but really doubt we are going to see it regularly, and not someone I've got much faith in.
  • Options
    Just what has Waggy got to do to get a game?

Has he dropped his trousers in the boardroom or something?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Just what has Waggy got to do to get a game?

Has he dropped his trousers in the boardroom or something?

Perhaps it was that he didn't drop his trousers in the boardroom :-)
  • Options
    He loves the fans keeps kicking the ball in the crowd. Couldnt cross a ball if his life depended on it.
  • Options

He loves the fans keeps kicking the ball in the crowd. Couldnt cross a ball if his life depended on it.

You didn't go to the Cardiff game then.

If you don't rate him, fine, but don't make up stuff that clearly isn't true.
  • Options
    I don't rate him at all. The stick Jacko was getting begining of the season about lack of pace and then Kerkar came in and know one seemed to notice he's just as slow, atleast Jacko gets stuck in and competes for headers. With Wiggins hopefully back soon, I believe Kerkar should only be used if Jacko, or Evina are injured and Harriot isn't showing the promise that he could step up.
  • Options
    Hes woeful looks lost out on the pitch if thats the best we can do were in for a long hard season.
  • Options

Hes woeful looks lost out on the pitch if thats the best we can do were in for a long hard season.

Careful. Think he's related to someone on here.

• Options

The majority of his crosses are bad ones.

• Options

The majority of his crosses are bad ones.

I don't keep count but fair enough if that is your view.

Big difference from saying he "couldn't cross a ball if his life depended on it" when if you've watched his games you will have seen him set up goals with his crosses.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Completely no bottle, would not get into most Sunday sides.
  • Options

Again, more made up nonsense.

If you don't rate him fine but he's played how many professional games including an old firm match.

Debate his (or any player's) abilities and weaknesses but why the need to come out with nonsense. He would, like 100% of professionals, be so far above any Sunday league team in skill, fitness and tackling.

Does that make him good enough to play for a Championship side or for Charlton? That's a completely different point but that's what should be being discussed not irrational and glib statements like "would not get into most Sunday sides".

• Options
    he's the tallest worstest headerer of a football i've seen per inch aerially he is the biggest shirker named kerkar there is
  • Options

If you don't rate him fine but he's played how many professional games including an old firm match.

Debate his (or any player's) abilities and weaknesses but why the need to come out with nonsense. He would, like 100% of professionals, be so far above any Sunday league team in skill, fitness and tackling.

Does that make him good enough to play for a Championship side or for Charlton? That's a completely different point but that's what should be being discussed not irrational and glib statements like "would not get into most Sunday sides".

Henry. Are you going to sift through every bit of chaff and inaccuracy this board throws up from time to time?

Know its not your style but,go on. Just come out and admit you love the fella.

• Options
    I'll write this one with Henry Irving in mind.

He's awful and as a championship player I'm sure he will the worst LM in the league and would possibly be out of favour in league one. The SPL is after all a mix match of champ to league 2 sides...

For everyone else: he is the worst crosser of the ball I have seen, my mum can cross better than him, I think he has 2 right feet (see what I did there) and he has the courage of a mouse.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I think we saw the worst of him at the Den. He was the only player on the pitch who bottled it IMO and his performance wouldn't have been out of place with the team of 2009 that went there and embarassingly lost 4-0.

Think he's an alright player generally and pops up with an assist every now and again plus he can beat a man but if we want to progress in this division, he isn't the answer.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Henry. Are you going to sift through every bit of chaff and inaccuracy this board throws up from time to time?

Know its not your style but,go on. Just come out and admit you love the fella.

Don't love him, just think he and any player deserves better than to be dismissed as "useless", "deadwood", "Sunday league", "Can't cross to save his life". It just shows up some people's inability to construct an argument when they have to resort to the above. And it's not just Kerker. Half the Championship team were being written off as "deadwood" and BWP is his "usual lazy self"

Even Danny Green does some decent stuff sometimes and has some good games. Occasionally : - )

What's sad/funny is we've seen it so many times on here only for the player or manager to suddenly perform well elsewhere (Sinclair/Pardew are two examples) at which point history is either re-written or its "they were Charltonised/it was the managers' fault".

No, they always had ability (even Pardew) but for whatever reason it wasn't enough or they didn't show it when with us.

That is all. Kerker will be a decent Centre Midfielder (for that is his real position) for someone. Not for Charlton I think but for someone and it will be at a lot higher level than Sunday league.
  • Options
    I think he's being written off too quickly by some. He's not been helped by our left back injury problems - Seaborne in particular offered woeful support going forward IMO - compare that to Solly on the other side (or even Solly at LB).
  • Options
    I think Henry makes a good point which is his position is central midfield not left back or wide. As a creative central midfielder I was quite impressed by him, in an early game but did feel he lacked bite in the tackle. Some players can play in almost any position asked and make a fist of it, others are not able to, or over a period lose form, this appears to be the case for kerkar. he is a player that until now Powell has shown faith in and we have quite a depleted squad, so we need to hope that he can get his mojo back or get Huskaris's mum in.
  • Options
    I agree with Henry on this one. I heard somewhere that he's our leading assists player. Not entirely sure it's true (have to check the statbank) but not bad is it?