Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Window is flawed

Here we go again,95% of all football league clubs will be sweating on whether they have kept their best players by the end of Jan.I understand that this was changed from March to stop clubs improving there teams at the latter end of the season.If you did lose players in this period you only had six to ten weeks to hold firm and that was long enough.Personally,I would like it scrapped altogether and just relax the loan system.Nothing to do with me worried about losing our future England RB.Anyway a Happy New Year to one and all.

Comments

• Options
    Well, yes it is flawed. I guess it was only brought in to stop teams either buying their way out of relegation or into promotion/Europe with money they didn't have. If, and it's a big if, the financial fair play rules actually work, then the transfer window would, presumably, become redundant. I don't know anywhere near enough about the rules/regs/law to form a view but it has always surprised me that some club somewhere in the EU haven't taken a restraint of trade action against Uefa and their local FA in a similar way that legal action brought about the Bosman changes.
  • Options
    For all its flaws I think it is a good thing.

Without a window Solly would be at risk of being sold at any time from 8 May to 31 March. With it he is only available for one month during the season. So FL and smaller euro teams are protected from rich vultures.

The loan system means that FL clubs can cover gaps in their squads inbetween windows. Prem clubs have 25 players plus U21s to choose from.

This means managers have to manage the team they have and should mean more stability.
  • Options
    I like it. Win games and then you wont have to worry as much.
  • Options
    If you mixed the current system of mega-rich EPL teams with the pre-window anything goes rules you'd just get people getting signed to cover for short term injuries or on a whim if you had bad form. Controlling transfers into a concentrated period is the right thing.
  • Options
    Cheers guys.If we sign Messi my views will change radically!