Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shortest spells at the helm

Got this from the bbc website so might noty be accurate. Nice to see we have 2 connections in the list. However Leroy's 10 minutes. WTF| did he do?
Henning Berg (Blackburn, 57 days)
Brian Clough (Leeds, 44 days)
Les Reed (Charlton, 41 days)
Steve Coppell (Manchester City, 33 days)
Paul Hart (QPR, 28 days)
Leroy Rosenior (Torquay, 10 minutes)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Apparently he was appointed just before the club was taken over and then sacked immediately by the new owners.
  • Options
    Les' figures are accurate: Appointed 13th November, gone on 24th December. Can't vouch for the others.
  • Options
    One of our old boys, Paul Went, lasted 21 days at Orient. Thats Curbs-like compared to Rosenior. I Think Leroy signed on the dotted line about the same time as the club changed hands and the new people had different ideas. The old adage of "give him time" didn't come into it by the look of things.
  • Options
    Dave Bassett managed Palace for 4 days at some point so not sure why he isn't on the list. Maybe beacuse he left on his own terms?
  • Options
    Les reed was a caretaker manager. Nothing more. We all know that.
  • Options
    Steve Claridge had 35 days at Millwall but was sacked before 'his' team played a competitive game
  • Options
    I count three Charlton connections.
  • Options
    Out of interest, how long was Ken Craggs in charge ?
  • Options

I count three Charlton connections.

• Options
    Same here SS.

That Rosenior on is hilarious, never knew that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Steve Claridge had 35 days at Millwall but was sacked before 'his' team played a competitive game

Did he look up ?
  • Options
    What about Sean O'Driscoll, wasn't he appointed as Crawley manager but didn't start the job as he left for Forest.
  • Options

Out of interest, how long was Ken Craggs in charge ?

He was in charge from June to November 1982, got 15 games but won just 4 of them and was given the boot after a 5-1 home defeat by Rotherham. Definite number two overpromoted.
  • Options
    Cheers for that. I remember that Rotherham game, Killer actually put us 1-0 up. Didnt last long though.
  • Options
    Mark Robson has just been sacked at Barnet.
  • Options
    No surprise to see that Steve (Nigel) Coppell on there, massive bottle job.