Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

samsung galaxy S3 cracked screen

My girlfriend has just dropped and cracked the screen on her S3.

Anyone know anywhere that can replace it that is not going to cost a fortune.

Comments

• Surely on an expensive phone like that you would have insurance?
  • You would think that wouldn't you... women!?!
  • Similar thing happened to me. You can start insurance at any time, wait a month and then put in a claim. I think its then another 30 days and you can cancel the insurance...worked for me on three anyway.

• shine166 said:

Similar thing happened to me. You can start insurance at any time, wait a month and then put in a claim. I think its then another 30 days and you can cancel the insurance...worked for me on three anyway.

That's why insurance is so expensive!!!
  • shine166 said:

Similar thing happened to me. You can start insurance at any time, wait a month and then put in a claim. I think its then another 30 days and you can cancel the insurance...worked for me on three anyway.

You must be very proud.

• shine166 said:

Exactly
  • Smashed the screen on mine yesterday by shutting the corner of my jacket (which had the phone in the pocket) in the car door after spending 20 minutes walking back from The Valley in the pissing rain. Genuine insurance claim gone in last night. Capped a great day out.

Is it the top glass that has cracked or the display screen inside? I.e. are we talking surface cracks you can see with a working display underneath or a complete blank screen/leaked fluid job?
  • shine166 said:

Should not boast to loudly that's fraud.

• shine166 said:

So is £50 for a 50p screen

shine166 said:

You must be very proud.

Not sure pride has anything to do with it

shine166 said:

Should not boast to loudly that's fraud.

Just trying to help actually, glad everyone here is perfect and never had to cut a corner for anything.
  • shine166 said:

To be fair that's probably not the only reason. Maybe that insurance companies seem to be able to charge what they like as a lot to do with it.

• Sponsored links:

• You can do it yourself if you have the right screwdrivers...mobiles are usual torx ones. The screens can be easily found on ebay for us around £50 so if you dont have insurance its about the cost of the excess.
  • Walked past a place in Bromley earlier which said they fixed cracked screens earlier if you are anywhere near there?

Don't ask why I was in Bromley, was a horrible day!
  • Paying 47 quid 24 months for my Iphone5, only 3g and 1gb data.
    Would be another 250 give or take if I wanted to insure it. No thanks.

Managed 2 months without dropping it so far. Hopefully that will continue.
  • My mate had a knife pulled on him in bexleyheath the other day and had his samsung nicked. Not insured and now has until august to pay it off.

Ive got free insurance with my bank but have never really paid for it.

Ive just downloaded an app called got ya which takes a photo if someone enters your pin number incorrectly. It then sends the photo to your email address.

On the subject of the samsung galaxy s3. I bloody love mine. Rate it much more than the iphone and my monthly bills are much cheaper
  • My mate had a knife pulled on him in bexleyheath the other day and had his samsung nicked. Not insured and now has until august to pay it off.

Ive just downloaded an app called got ya which takes a photo if someone enters your pin number incorrectly. It then sends the photo to your email address.

On the subject of the samsung galaxy s3. I bloody love mine. Rate it much more than the iphone and my monthly bills are much cheaper

Christ, whereabouts was that/time?
  • Send it to me in Hong Kong. I can get it fixed for £15.
  • I lost my iphone 4S on a train and didn't have insurance... 2 months later the find your iphone app alerted me to say it was now in Ghana :(
  • SamB09 said:

My mate had a knife pulled on him in bexleyheath the other day and had his samsung nicked. Not insured and now has until august to pay it off.

Christ, whereabouts was that/time?
    By the golden lion about 12.30am. Sat night/sun morning