Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seabiscuit

Sat and watched a dreadful performance yesterday, apologies in advance if that upsets anyone.

Without jumping on the proverbial bandwagon, and slagging off all and sundry for half hearted performances, I have to say that Mr Seabourne was truly shocking yesterday. Hoofing the ball into empty spaces,lacked pace,miss hitting etc etc. Please send him back.

Albeit he is without pace, but I would have taken a punt on putting JJ at LB and keeping DG on as at least we would have presented some sort of threat and perhaps fed the ball in a bit more?

Hulse holds the ball up but has no pace which is (IMHO) what we need up front. Fuller provides quality, options and he runs over the oppositions defence like a bulldozer but needs someone who is a bit more light on the loafers to feed off/into.

Pritchard and JJ changed the game IMO but all a bit too late.

We are also sitting deep in every game now which is ironic as we do not have the pace to counter if the opportunity arises.

I'm not a Football Manager, I don't have the answers and yes this is a tough league but how do we beat the League leaders one week and then get turned over by the Wendies and Twitswitch the next??

Something has to change now

Comments

• Options
    can't disagree
  • Options
    His best moment was the long clearance to his wing, he stands right beneath it, tries to let it go out of play and doesn't step far enough and it bounces off his standing leg for a throw in to them. Special mention goes to the turn in the second half where he twists around the ball needlessly, then plays a perfect 30 yard chip down the line for a goal kick.

Masterful
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

His best moment was the long clearance to his wing, he stands right beneath it, tries to let it go out of play and doesn't step far enough and it bounces off his standing leg for a throw in to them.

I think he actually did that twice.

Anyone can do it once, but only the best can do it consistently.
  • Options
    Appropriate name for a carthorse.
  • Options
    He did that whole trying to let it go out but accidentally touching it twice yesterday, once in either half. The first one skimmed his chest, second half was worse as it bounced off his foot.

I have no words to describe his performance. Words fail me
  • Options
    It was a Christmas cracker that sometimes you just have to laugh at.

After the one in the first half that he was.letting go out for a throw which come off his chest, the similar one in the second half which landed on his foot was pure comedy gold.
  • Options
    great film.
  • Options
    Don't disagree that he had an awful game - but that one off his 'chest' in the first half never touched him.
  • Options
    It did Olster, I was right in line with it
  • Options
    Bully
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well it certainly looks like our fans have found their new Francis. Wilson disappointed them by turning out to be good so after one bad game it's Seabourne's turn.
  • Options
    He was bad yesterday but I think with some of chips into space he might have expected a team mate to spot the space and make a run towards it.
  • Options

Well it certainly looks like our fans have found their new Francis. Wilson disappointed them by turning out to be good so after one bad game it's Seabourne's turn.

Not at all, but given that we are not in the strongest of positions league wise, how long do you want to give him?

Wilson had a shaky start and came good however I can not see that happening with Seabourne. Just dreadful
  • Options

It's not one bad game though, every time I have watched him or listened to CAFC Player he has been a liability, constantly giving the ball away, playing nothing balls and not defending well enough. The amount of times in the Sheff Weds game the commentators would say "Seaborne in possession.... plays it upfield..... and now Wednesday with the ball, attacking down this right hand side..." or "Misplaced pass there by Seaborne, and now Antonio has the ball in an attacking position" etc. etc. it was ridiculous

If Evina isn't fit, and Solly and Jackson can't play there, I would try Dervite, he couldn't be much worse than this donkey
  • Options

If Seaborne has had one good game, then I've missed it. Yesterday he stooped to previously uncharted depths though. I hate being critical of Charlton players and am almost always willing to cut them some slack. But this guy has been hopeless so far, I can't see any reason why he'd turn it around and as a loanee he ain't even one of us. If I was Chris Powell the first thing I'd do on Monday morning is phone up Adkins and say, "thanks but no thanks".
  • Options

Completely agree with this. Yesterday was a bad game and he was the worst player out of a bunch of poor players yesterday but his first 4 games at the club resulted in no goals conceeded, 3 wins and 1 draw. We then lose 3 on the trott and he becomes the villian. He's just a scapegoat.
  • Options
    Stig said:

If Seaborne has had one good game, then I've missed it. Yesterday he stooped to previously uncharted depths though. I hate being critical of Charlton players and am almost always willing to cut them some slack. But this guy has been hopeless so far, I can't see any reason why he'd turn it around and as a loanee he ain't even one of us. If I was Chris Powell the first thing I'd do on Monday morning is phone up Adkins and say, "thanks but no thanks".
    He was perfectly fine on his debut at Bristol City and then at Burnley but hey , lets not let the facts get in the way when we want to string a player up.
  • Options

Completely agree with this. Yesterday was a bad game and he was the worst player out of a bunch of poor players yesterday but his first 4 games at the club resulted in no goals conceeded, 3 wins and 1 draw. We then lose 3 on the trott and he becomes the villian. He's just a scapegoat.
    Agreed. I have said elsewhere that he was poor yesterday, but he hasn't done too badly since he joined us and has fitted in and worked well with the defence/rest of team.
  • Options

This is not a headhunt, look for a scapegoat or otherwise. Simply a glaring observation that we need someone in the position better than him (which shouldn't be too hard a task).

Kerkar is another example that thankfully CP has benched due to his ability to kill the ball and or lose it

There were many mistakes made on the pitch yesterday by other team members which ultimately lost us the game. Both the Lino and Ref were utterly shocking and should give up their day job but the fact is we want to at least stay up this season. P'Boro and the Wendies both picked up three points yesterday and we are now starting to look over our shoulder rather than over those above us.

• Options

It did Olster, I was right in line with it

The one in front of the middle of the East?

I really don't think it did, I was sitting close as well - but anyway it's a moot point , he didn't have a good game at all yesterday. Have only seen us yesterday and last week in Sheffield. From what I've seen I haven't bee impressed, but considering he's a last resort at the moment, we don't really have any other options.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He just had one if those days yesterday. Everything he touched turned to shit. Poor fella, hopefully he bounces back on Saturday.
  • Options

Stig said:

He was perfectly fine on his debut at Bristol City and then at Burnley but hey , lets not let the facts get in the way when we want to string a player up.
    Both were away matches that I missed. So like I said, if he's had a good game, then I've missed it. I looked up the PROMOGELEGATOR to check and to his credit he did average 7.15 at Brizzle. For his recent performances though he's been well short of getting a mediocre 6 and if he manages to scrape a 5 for yesterday's performance I'll parade around Vicarage Lane next week with a banner proclaiming "Seaborne is God" - because that'll be a miracle far more impressive than walking on water.
  • Options
    Only seen him play yesterday and against Millwall and Peterborough and have not been impressed - at best he plays like an out of position centre back at worst he plays like yesterday - can't understand why we couldn't find a real left back on loan to fill in for Evina/Wiggins - at least Evina was on the bench yesterday so can't be far from being fit

Our left hand side has looked poor most of the season
  • Options
    The main problem with Seaborne is that he is a Centre-Back playing Left-Back...similar to Morro playing right back.

Don't think you can compare him to the start Wilson had....because i do not believe Wilson had that much of a bad game! (and he could actually run with the ball)
  • Options
    watched him at millwall and was the weak link in the back 4.the amount of times he kicks the ball out is a joke.i no francis couldnt defend but least he could cross a ball this joker cant even head a clearance away if he plays sat powells lost a lot of respect from us
  • Options
    addick82 said:

watched him at millwall and was the weak link in the back 4.the amount of times he kicks the ball out is a joke.i no francis couldnt defend but least he could cross a ball this joker cant even head a clearance away if he plays sat powells lost a lot of respect from us

Yep, Powell's status as one of the most respected Charlton figures in history rides on him playing a loanee left back. Speak for yourself mate.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Very unfair comments on here. A number, by people who admit they haven't even seen him play that much.

Also, for some that may not know, he is a centre half, covering for us at left back.

We didn't let in a goal in his first 4 games & he played well, although I appreciate that most people wouldn't have seen this, as they don't go away too often.

Since then, he's not been quite as good & had a poor game on Saturday.

However, he wasn't as poor as a few others I could name & wasn't responsible for us losing the game. That was down to 2 of our midfielders.

• Options
    First to admit I haven't seen him at any away matches but at home he has been dire.
    Can't understand the flack that Stephens gets on here either. The guy may not be the greatest engine room technician but he's one of few that chases the ball down/ tackles on a regular basis.
    Shoot me down in flames..... Please
  • Options

The main problem with Seaborne is that he is a Centre-Back playing Left-Back...similar to Morro playing right back.

Nail on the head?

• Options

First to admit I haven't seen him at any away matches but at home he has been dire.
    Can't understand the flack that Stephens gets on here either. The guy may not be the greatest engine room technician but he's one of few that chases the ball down/ tackles on a regular basis.
    Shoot me down in flames..... Please

He's shown he can do a lot better in this division than he did on Saturday.

Not going to be running with the ball or being the one in midfield making runs forward, he needs pace and movement around him, something he didn't get much of against Ipswich.