Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We have officially entered Panto season - Henning Berg now gone too

BBC reporting that Henning Berg has been sacked by Blackburn afterr just 57 days in charge. He won just 1 game out of 10 and Blackburn have lost 6 out of their last 7

Comments

• The next Leeds/Leicester/Charlton
  • The next Leeds/Leicester/Charlton

I think you are right
  • Hilarious after putting up with that clown Kean for so long. I feel for the fans.
  • Should have stuck with Kean. They were in the top six, before he was sacked.
  • crazy crazy crazy.
  • They need Curbs.
  • Silly club, silly owners.. hope they go down :-)
  • Hilarious after putting up with that clown Kean for so long. I feel for the fans.

I don't. Is there a more spoilt bunch of fans in the country? The way they forced Kean out was disgraceful.
  • I blame the fans for there pathetic protests over a manager who IMO would of got them promoted.
  • Valley11 said:

Hilarious after putting up with that clown Kean for so long. I feel for the fans.

I don't. Is there a more spoilt bunch of fans in the country? The way they forced Kean out was disgraceful.

I blame the fans for there pathetic protests over a manager who IMO would of got them promoted.

Jesus wept.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Hilarious after putting up with that clown Kean for so long. I feel for the fans.

I blame the fans for there pathetic protests over a manager who IMO would of got them promoted.

Jesus wept.
    I will add my opinion is based of the view of meeting Kean twice & the opinion of a well respected Blackburn journalist and fan of there's who was embarresed by the way his own fans treated Kean.

• Valley11 said:

Jesus wept.
    Explain?
  • edited December 2012
    Removed post, to not get in to a silly argument.

Basicly i respect all opinions if there based on a thought out view/personal experiance not just from what people have read in a couple of papers.

• Sacking Sam Allardyce and replacing him with a coach with no managerial experience than sacking Berg after ten games? How dare the fans protest, they must deserve the Venkys....
  • There's about 8 clubs that are basically secure for now at the top table, Man U, Man city, Everton, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, and that's pretty much it, any of the rest can slip into a relegation battle and lose that battle, and when they do if mismanaged its a case of notts forest, Leeds, sheff weds, Leicester etc... and then worse than that is Portsmouth...

Blackburn are well on that path and the strange world of the Venkys could see a catastrophe, because they have several players on mega wages, and new players brought in for 8 million plus... Absolute madness unless they are more rich than I think ...
  • edited December 2012
    There have been some terrible championship managerial appointments over the past few months. Stale at Wolves will be on his bike soon .. then Stale and Berg can put their bald heads together and make a complete Norwegian (Pantomime Horses ?) arse of themselves
  • Sacking Sam Allardyce and replacing him with a coach with no managerial experience than sacking Berg after ten games? How dare the fans protest, they must deserve the Venkys....

Im not disagreeing that the Blackburn fans don't deserve the Venkys it is the way they protested and put most of there constant stream of bile towards a decent guy who had the support of the players and was trying his best, if they had left the protests to purely the board and outside of the ground/not on match days then they would of had a much better chance of staying up or now would of had a much better chance of saving there club from dropping lower by not adding to the kicking out Kean issue as he was doing a good job in the Championship & i believe would of got them promoted even if it was best if he then got sacked in the Premiership.

So due to that i hope they are the next club to get the trips to Hartlepool/Tranmere/Yeovil treatment, so there fans can get some perspective.
  • Henning Berg was a surprising appointment, yes he was a former player, but that was some time ago. After Kean and Berg, how about former player Brad Friedel as player manager, to complete a bald hattrick.

Stale at Wolves was another odd appointment. The Championship is a tough league, where grit and fighting spirit are very important, and local knowledge is very important. If Wolves had kept Mick McCarthy I'm sure they would have been challenging for promotion.
  • One owner got them promoted and then bought them the league title. Another owner got them relegated and made a laughing stock. Swings and roundabouts I guess.
  • edited December 2012
    Im pretty sure if charlton had to go through what the blackburn fans had gone through, we'd be have a lot more empathy for them. For the team they have, Berg should have done a lot better, as for Steve Kean, his record in the premiership speaks for itself, he may have done better at this level but with the fans so clearly against him it was never gonna work out.

Can see Coyle going to them, even if it would make him the most hated man in Burnley
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn't Henning Berg their Chris Powell?
  • I know its not a lot of time, but he has looked pretty useless. To do less with a team than Steve Kean is pretty terrible.
  • Stale at Wolves was another odd appointment. The Championship is a tough league, where grit and fighting spirit are very important, and local knowledge is very important. If Wolves had kept Mick McCarthy I'm sure they would have been challenging for promotion.

Or wouldn't have gone down in the first place.
  • They would do better to get rid of that idiot Shebby Singh.

Are you missing his insights on Star sports?

Couldn't agree more, irritating self-publicist
  • Rumoured to be paying Rhodes 35k a week and at their last home game the crowd was less than 13k.

In big trouble if they drop to the 3rd tier, although i guess they wouldn't exactly struggle to offload Rhodes.
  • The 'fans spokespeople' @ Blackburn claimed that if Kean was sacked, the missing thousands of fans who refused to attend 'til Kean was sacked, would be beating down the Ewood Park gates to get into the games. Since Kean has gone, the crowd numbers have dropped
  • McLeish appointed Forest boss. Poor Forest fans.
  • The capacity of Ewood Park is actually larger than the population of Blackburn itself plus several of the surrounding towns. They have no chance of filling that place outside of the premiership.