Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Haynes impressing

Probably the only positive to shine through yesterday was just how much Danny has improved this season.

Versatile and seems to be a danger wherever he is playing,

Don't think I've seen him have a bad game yet this season. Must keep him fit.

Comments

• Options
    Great to see him sprint to get the ball and put it on the spot for the goal kick.
  • Options
    All over the park yesterday. Deserved better from his teammates.
  • Options
    Haynes impresses me more and more each game. Superb penalty aswell.
  • Options
    he definitely is improving and put in a couple of decent crosses yesterday , the penalty was top top drawer but i still think he lacks the composure to be a front man and prefer him out wide
    his enthusiasm and willingness to make sure the game sped up was a good example to all
    but how that keeper didn't move the ball to the other side of the 6 yard box when haynes put it down i'll never know
  • Options
    Well up for the game and looked good ... I'd also like to see him played wide ... his speed will work very well there
  • Options
    Other than the penalty though, his goals have all come from when he has played up front. Problem with playing wide is that his pace is wasted if the rest of the team can't get into the box for a cross.
  • Options
    Yep, he's good. Pleased with his progress for him and us.
  • Options
    Full of running and effort and one of the few to come out with credit yesterday. I worry about his end product playing wide. Some awful crosses yesterday. Great penalty though.
  • Options
    Needs to play up front alongside Kerm - our front 2 were way too slow yesterday
  • Options
    redcarter said:

Great to see him sprint to get the ball and put it on the spot for the goal kick.

Such an easy thing to do to get the crowd on your side and get the atmosphere going again. I just could not understand why any of the other players were not doing it, it is schoolboy stuff. I liked him yesterday, worked hard, showed some passion, hit a decent penalty. More of the same please Dany, one of the few who led by example.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Needs to play up front alongside Kerm - our front 2 were way too slow yesterday

Totally agree that he needs to play up front but from what I've seen the partnership with Hulse works best
  • Options
    Agree that he was the only bright spot yesterday. He made us all laugh when he went chasing after a stray ball out to the wing. He was bolt upright, the head went back and those legs started "Billy Whizz" style after the ball. Great penalty and like oohaah, I was convinvced the keeper was going to pick the ball up and wander over to the other side after Danny placed it for him.

Hope we can keep him fit and playing. Like him wide, but think Hulse is definitely his best partner if we play him through the middle.
  • Options
    Where was he in the first half ?
    Don't remember him doing anything noticeable until the HT change around.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Average performance yesterday, but looked good because the rest of them were shite
  • Options

Where was he in the first half ?
    Don't remember him doing anything noticeable until the HT change around.

Started out on the wrong side to accomodate Green on the right. CP switched it after about 20 mins which was much more effective (from DH at least)

DH also had the cross/shot that the keeper had to tip over
  • Options
    I still thought he was having a good game in the first half on the left
  • Options
    in the 1st couple of minutes he gave their right back a 5 yard head start and absolutely left him standing.
    couldnt believe we didn't make more of that mismatch during the rest of the game.
  • Options
    good, dangerous player - needs to be up top, not pushed wide to accomodate others
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Said this before... do I repeat myself?

He is one of the most important players in our team. Has to be accomodated in the side at home, but should start out wide. As I see it either Green or Kerkar should start with him both should look to be hugging wings in possession and when we lose the ball coming inside to pack out central areas in order to offer the break to the lone forward.

Away possession becomes even more important, but he should be introduced in the second half. There are few teams in this div with real quality. Shut out the game, frustrate them make them gamble their full backs and midfielders. Then it's time to bring on the pace and attack the space.

However we play three central midfielders are a MUST. Chrissy stumbled across what many of us thought. I do wonder when luck throws you a solution, why people refuse to continue utilising it. Especially when the winter months allow for, well organised, and well disciplined teams to pick up the majority of points. It looks like Chris's strategies go little further than your average little englander at the moment.
  • Options
    He is very quick, but really needs to work on his finishing. Gets into some good positions, but he (like most of our Strikers this year) has missed some sitters. We don't get many chances in a game this season (which i put down to our midfield and the continuous route one tactics) so our strikers need to be more clinical.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Madz said:

He is very quick, but really needs to work on his finishing. Gets into some good positions, but he (like most of our Strikers this year) has missed some sitters. We don't get many chances in a game this season (which i put down to our midfield and the continuous route one tactics) so our strikers need to be more clinical.

This !!
  • Options
    His main position is upfront though. If we can find a decent left-winger and put Haynes up-top, then i'm sure he'll continue this fine run.
  • Options
    Wasted out wide IMO. Other than BWP we are severely lacking pace up front. Haynes played alongside any of Hulse, Fuller or Kermo would create chances and score goals. Hulse Fuller or Kermo played together are all too similar to be effective, they are all good in the air but all lack pace.
  • Options

Wasted out wide IMO. Other than BWP we are severely lacking pace up front. Haynes played alongside any of Hulse, Fuller or Kermo would create chances and score goals. Hulse Fuller or Kermo played together are all too similar to be effective, they are all good in the air but all lack pace.

Other than Haynes, we lack pace period.

Wiggins is injured and BWP and Waggy are both a) out of favour and b) have nothing more than slightly above average pace anyway - they just look quicker because the rest of our team is so pedestrian, the opposition defences never actually seem to have too much trouble dealing with their speed.

• Options
    Just seen this on the official site match chat "3:35

Jimmy Stone: He's in tears hear as Powell consoles the striker"

I honestly feel for the lad so much right now comes across as a proper proffesional !
  • Options
    What a goal!

Any news on the injury?
  • Options
    As I was saying. Haynes has no end product. D'oh. Gutted about his injury. Not fair on the lad.
  • Options
    Powelly has just said on BBC London that he has done his other hamstring on this occasion.
  • Options
    Guy was clearly in tears. Heartbreaking for him.
  • Options
    Probably was having one of his best games in a Charlton shirt, fantastic goal & ran their defence ragged. I really feel sorry for him was giving his all for the cause today, gutted.