Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE COLIN CAMERON PRESS BOX

2»

Comments

• Sorry LL but I doubt I will be told anything before anyone else.

If people want it to happen then they do really need to lobby steve bradshaw and Martin prothero.
  • Colin Cameron Media and Press Suite. Think he deserves to have a room named after him.
  • Sounds like a brilliant idea -sure the club would want to do something like this for the great man.
  • Really great idea.
  • I have been unsuccessful so far in obtaining a response from the Club. Has anyone else fared any better?
  • I'll donate a signed shirt to any fund raising required.
  • PL54 said:

I'll donate a signed shirt to any fund raising required.

Didn't know you were famous ?
  • Having sadly paid our last respects to Colin yesterday, the time has come to reinforce our wish for a lasting memorial to Colin at The Valley. If you agree, please help by emailing Steve Bradshaw at the club to show your support in the hope that the club will agree to display an appropriate sign to recognize Colin's great contribution over so many years. All who knew Colin held him in the highest regard not only for his invaluable work as the club's Historian but also as a genuine enthusiast for the club who shared his time freely with all he met. I have no doubt that many fans will give gladly to the cost of any memorial chosen.
  • brilliant idea. Can you post the email address for lazy old gits like me

Ta
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm sure that the Fans' Forum will endorse this if, and when , we meet again.
  • .......dont know where, dont know when

Thought you'd be too young to know that, CWLC !

• I sent an e-mail to Steve Bradshaw on January 3rd but have not received any response yet. I sent it to steve.bradshaw@cafc.co.uk. Perhaps others will be more successful!

Thought you'd be too young to know that, CWLC !

Heard it in a museum once
  • Sent

steve.bradshaw@cafc.co.uk

---------------------------

Dear Mr. Bradshaw,

I am writing to add my support to the idea of naming the press box the "Colin Cameron Press Box"

Many thanks,

XXXXX

--------------------------

Feel free to copy and paste
  • steve.bradshaw@cafc.co.uk
  • edited January 2013
    I have heard from Steve Bradshaw and he is currently in contact with Colin's family to get their thoughts on this idea. It is of course of great importance that they be consulted before anything is done albeit with the best intentions from the fans.
    In the circumstances, we have been asked NOT to email Steve at this time and to await the results of the consultations.

In the meantime please continue to register your support on this site to show the club the depth of support among the fans for a suitable tribute.
  • From OS

Charlton are considering how to permanently commemorate the contribution of late club historian Colin Cameron at The Valley

Matt Wright reports
    Charlton are considering how to permanently commemorate the contribution of late club historian Colin Cameron at The Valley.
    The funeral of Cameron, who died aged 76 in the early hours of Christmas Day, took place on Wednesday, and saw a big attendance from those connected to the club and beyond.
    Among those present were manager Chris Powell, Keith Peacock, Colin Powell and Steve Gritt, plus numerous members of current and former Charlton staff and several generations of the Addicks press corps.
    The club has been contacted by a number of supporters suggesting that it marks the contribution of Cameron, who had been the Charlton historian for 40 years, in some fashion at the stadium.
    The club is currently considering several ideas, and intends to discuss them with Cameron’s family before any decision is made.
    Chief operating officer Steve Bradshaw said: “We appreciate that many fans would like to see a lasting tribute to Colin at The Valley.
    “Colin’s contribution to the club was immense, and we should consider a form of recognition to mark the impact he made throughout his life.
    “That said, it is the wishes of Colin’s family that we would like to respect at this time, so we are also consulting with them as to what they regard is the most fitting tribute. We will then make any decision based upon all the information we have gathered.”

• Any Updates/news on this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely delighted!
  • Excellent news
  • Fantastic gesture a sign that the old and new can combine in the cafc we have now well done those involved and we'll done Roland and Katrien for allowing and participating in this