Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday Referee is Scum

edited December 2012 in General Charlton
I only found out at about 6:45pm at Sheffield station that Powelly had been bannished to the stand and when I saw what Powelly said in his post match interview I was left completely flabbergasted by the actions of referee Gary Sutton. Powelly said...

"I was asking for consistency and fairness but I didn't swear at the referee or point at him. He sent me to the stand because he said it was for the image of the game. He said I'd left my technical area but it was half-time so what was I meant to do?"

For god we have seen so many gaffers do that in the past when they have been annoyed by the ref but yet not been sent to the stand. There is a clear lack of respect towards managers from referees as much as the other way round. This ref is scum and clearly wanted to be the centre of attention and wants to tell his grankids about it.

He completely bottled the penalty and disallowed goal decisions. I'm not saying we would have gone on to get a win or even a draw from the game but you just want the correct decisions and not a ref who is going to behave like a scared jumped up little girl in front of the home fans.

Comments

• Options
    If the ref was worried about the image of the game he would resign now!
  • Options
    He is from Lincoln, about an hours drive from Sheffield, and about four hours drive from Charlton.
  • Options
    I see Mr Sutton is officiating at Sheff Utd on Boxing day. I wonder if he'll turn up in his Wednesday shirt...
  • Options

I see Mr Sutton is officiating at Sheff Utd on Boxing day. I wonder if he'll turn up in his Wednesday shirt...

Maybe if he has a Wednesday shirt on his decisions will upset the Sheffield United fans and he will sent Danny wilson to the stands!
  • Options
    It pisses me off that the likes of Powell only has to dare question a ref and he's banished to the stands, yet the likes of Fergie/Wenger/Mourinho/Mancini jump up and down publicly showing what they think of decisions that go against them and follow it up by going on TV after the game and slate the ref even more so, and what happens to them? ..............Jack shit.

Referees are too afraid to confront "big" name managers for fear of a backlash of being banished from the top flight, yet those in the lower leagues either seem to have a chip on their shoulder or are trying to get themselves noticed to earn themselves a promotion to the premier league. Happens far too often for my liking...............
  • Options
    It all seems a bit strange to me. Either he has been sent to the stands or he hasn't .... otherwise he cannot put forward his case.
  • Options
    It sounds like the ref knows he screwed up and when CP questioned him at HT in what will off not been a threatening style(as we all no CP) and his response was to get rid of CP rather then discuss it, surely respect has to go both way's if Football is ever going to move forward in a meaningful way.
  • Options
    A definite Homer in my book.
  • Options
    From the title I thought you meant Boxing Days ref is a millwall fan .......
  • Options
    Poor decision from the penalty and non-sending off, but playing Devil's Advocate Haynes is lightning quick and the lino made a call. He was clearly on, but you can see why he made the mistake. The ref was looking at it from behind play and went with the advice that he got. It's a bit weak that refs can't have a dialogue, and I'm not one for sticking up for refs but Powell didn't look the picture of calm when he strode over there to be honest.

Agree with Tango's point 100%: if it had been Sir having a pop at him he'd not have taken the same action.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Re,Referees,Boxing Day v Ipswich is Mr Mick Russell from Hertfordshire,1 star out of 5,in referees list.Saturday v Derby is Mr Carl Boyeson from East Yorkshire,with 5 out of 5 stars.
  • Options
    It seems Powell has a reputation amongst refs and they give him no leaway. Whereas there do seem to be different rules for other managers. The referees need to be told to treat all managers the same and not be influenced by the name.
  • Options
    The worst referee and set of officials I have seen this season and that includes the imbeciles at Forest. Totally inept.
  • Options
    Racists!
  • Options

Maybe if he has a Wednesday shirt on his decisions will upset the Sheffield United fans and he will sent Danny wilson to the stands!
    An the Blades are playin Scunthorpe from Lincolnshire.

• Options
    I didnt see what chris powell did to get banished from the touchline but I doubt it was "as bad for the image of the game" as Fergies rant at the ref on boxing day.Different rules apply of course .Perhaps the thought of a black man talking to the ref was what was upsetting as opposed to a 71 year old scot.
  • Options
    Any body see Sir Alex Ferguson rant at the officials as the players came out for the second half at Old Trafford yesterday and gets away with it!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Chris Powell did nothing, I was yards from the incident, he questioned the ref and the ref told him to go away like they always do, it was harsh he got sent to the stands im my opinion.
  • Options

Any body see Sir Alex Ferguson rant at the officials as the players came out for the second half at Old Trafford yesterday and gets away with it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, always one rule for him and one for everyone else! Been doing it for years!
  • Options
    I think the word scum is a bit strong. He's not Jimmy Savile.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sometimes I just think football is a load of bulls**t. No fairness in the game, (ie the difference between what fergie can get away with and what Powell can get away with), over paid players such as Bobby Zamora, rumoured to be on 90k a week! What world do we live in?

That twat Sep Blatter can't change things to make things right on the pitch. The amount of times a ball has crossed the line without a goal given vis- versa is a joke.

When John Terry cleared the ball from the goal when it went past the line vs Ukraine at the euros and it was not given when it should have been, I didn't think payback, I just thought bollocks.

If we had all the correct major decisions from officials this season for and against including when we may have been a bit lucky with them, we would probably have another 8pts on the board...