Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Afghanistan: More Troops To Come Home In 2013

The sooner the better in my book , but i'm no military expert , buts what going to happen over there when our troops pull out , and will it be sustainable?

http://news.sky.com/story/1027448/afghanistan-more-troops-to-come-home-in-2013

Comments

• Options
    The Taliban will be rubbing their hands.
  • Options
    Has anyone defeated the afghans ?
  • Options
    nolly said:

Has anyone defeated the afghans ?

I think they lost a couple of games in the last Cricket World Cup in India, but are unbeaten in home games for the last couple of centuries.
  • Options
    Did the Mongols defeat them ?
  • Options
    nolly said:

Did the Mongols defeat them ?

No, I think they beat Pakistan but lost to us Kiwis and Sri Lankans.
  • Options
    Ha ha
  • Options
    Sooner the better, the mission has changed and been re-written too many times. Shocking waste of so many lives and the populous of Afghanistan will blindly go back to doing what they were doing before and carry on living their lives in fear of a lot of incredibly violent men who live their lives according to their take on a big book of fairytales
  • Options
    I wonder what they will come home to. Turfed out of the army onto civvy street in the worst recession / economic conditions in living memory. Not suggesting for a minute they should stay in Afghanistan but coming back will be hard and its not like the current government will be replaced by any level of competency after the next election
  • Options
    Carter said:

Sooner the better, the mission has changed and been re-written too many times. Shocking waste of so many lives and the populous of Afghanistan will blindly go back to doing what they were doing before and carry on living their lives in fear of a lot of incredibly violent men who live their lives according to their take on a big book of fairytales

Afghans and Iraqis have said frequently that they felt safer before we intervened than they do now.

Good to see troops coming home to their families though, hopefully Afghanistan recovers some sort of society though. I think it's likely that it will return to a state far worse than what it was before we intervened.
  • Options

Carter said:

Afghans and Iraqis have said frequently that they felt safer before we intervened than they do now.

Good to see troops coming home to their families though, hopefully Afghanistan recovers some sort of society though. I think it's likely that it will return to a state far worse than what it was before we intervened.
    Tend to agree with that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    have the poppy fields been destroyed?
  • Options
    When the troops pull out after yet another unsuccessful Afghan 'campaign' ? .. a series of local civil wars (Afghanistan is an invention of colonial powers, in reality the area is inhabited by a multitude of different tribes and clans, rather like pre 1800s USA), followed by assassination of the 'President' and his clique, and an eventual take over by the Taliban or the Moslem Brotherhood and reversion to sharia law and anti Euro/USA policies. Religious fanatics are prepared to draw up plans which take decades to come to fruition. Such plans and schemes, such fanatical devotion to a cause, are very hard, if not impossible to combat
  • Options
    nolly said:

have the poppy fields been destroyed?

Dont be silly, Heroin production has grown 10fold since we went over and has never been more readily available here as it is now.

• Options

Just bring them all home now.

No more brave young sons and daughters wasted on this politician's dog's breakfast please.
  • Options
    just let them all kill each other if they want that