Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

iPad and cafc player

What's that software I need to use cafc player and other flash programs on iPad?

Comments

• Options
    I use an App called photon, recommended on here by someone else, it has a button you press that makes the cafc player work.
  • Options
    You get a free trial of puffin for 14 days, then have to pay for the full version. Works a treat.
  • Options
    photon works for me
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

photon works for me

Doesn't work for me on iPhone

• Options
    Not a techie but I don't understand why more content isn't iPad/Phone compatible (html5?)

Whatever your views on Apple, the iPad must have a large market share and Apple were never going to allow Flash on these devices.

There is still a fare bit of web content that's built in flash, are the developers being lazy, stubborn or does it just cost a lot to make the transition? Seems to me that the content isn't reaching it's largest possible audience.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

photon works for me

Doesn't work for me on iPhone

works on iPad
  • Options
    As an ipad user I'd suggest a tablet that works with all content e.g. any one other than an effing ipad.
  • Options
    Thanks Stonemuse. You convinced me to overcome my suspicion that none of these apps would work. Downloaded Photon yesterday and it works perfectly well on the I-Pad.
  • Options

As an ipad user I'd suggest a tablet that works with all content e.g. any one other than an effing ipad.

No, no, no - don't you realise that everyone should be changing their content so that it works on an iPad. The disciples have demanded it.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

No, no, no - don't you realise that everyone should be changing their content so that it works on an iPad. The disciples have demanded it.
    except that Adobe don't support Flash anymore

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks Stonemuse. You convinced me to overcome my suspicion that none of these apps would work. Downloaded Photon yesterday and it works perfectly well on the I-Pad.

Right , I will give it a try on my new iPad. But I would like it on the iPhone, so I can listen to commentaries while out and about.

I think EastTerrace is right. As a Mac user for years before the iPod, I frequently encountered great techie arrogance towards the "niche " Apple OS. Out here Internet banking was particularly guilty. Now Apple can start to look a bit arrogant too, I concede, but the fact is a large number of player users ( not just Charlton of course) have IOS devices now, and they need to provide for us since we pay the same as Windows customers.

• Options
    To follow this up I just used moonpig on the iPad for the first time as I was slow in posting my mate in Oz a Christmas card.

I know they have an app (I'm going to use it once so don't want to install it) but for some previews you require flash and even the confirmation mail on the iPhone won't view properly.

Again, why don't the developers build so all operating systems can view?
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Off_it said:

except that Adobe don't support Flash anymore

Based on? It's oddly prominent on their site and I had an all too regular upgrade the other day. In what sense do they not support it?