Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Udinese fan shows real loyalty

The only away fan to make the 350 Mile trip to Genoa

Interviewed on Italian TV he said he had the day off work and nobody wanted to go with him

Rewarded with 2-0 win

Comments

• Options
    and i thought our away support was junk !
  • Options
    Brilliant, top man!
  • Options
    Strange how huge away culture is in this country but really isn't adopted in the likes of Spain and Italy.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    i bet he didnt throw a chair or do a dirty protest?... would have been great if he was standing there with a flare though!
  • Options
    should he really be standing in an aisle when there are seats are available .... siddarn
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    his mexican wave is crap too.
  • Options
    good shot in those pics of some of the safe standing they have in italy with the barriers between seats.
  • Options
    I wonder how many chants he started
  • Options
    is it definitely a he ??
    i know there's a bit of facial hair but.....
  • Options
    "come and have a go if you think your hard enough"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bloodnut said:

i bet he didnt throw a chair or do a dirty protest?...

He did and then went on the internet and grassed himself up after the club appealed.
  • Options
    Ha ha what a hero!
  • Options
    Away fan culture is lesser in Italy, but it's also a bigger country. If he travelled from Udine, that was 318 miles on a freezing Monday night to a stadium they play at twice a season. And that's just across the north of Italy.

Still though, you'd expect a few more there. Fair play to the guy, I suspect he'll be getting a few drinks brought for him at their next home match.
  • Options
    Remember looking at the skysports app on my phone yesterday and the result was already in at about 7pm

Not sure why they are playing fixtures on Monday afternoons.
  • Options
    it was a 6pm kick off here, so 7pm there.
  • Options

Remember looking at the skysports app on my phone yesterday and the result was already in at about 7pm

Not sure why they are playing fixtures on Monday afternoons.

Timezones ?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    swear it was earlier when i looked at my phone. obviously not.
  • Options
    I'd like to think that he had his own personal turn-style operator, barman, burger-flipper pizza topper, bookie, programme seller and safety steward. And that they were all different people; no doubling up on jobs.
  • Options
    he is the mob--he is the mob--he is he is he is the mob
  • Options
    Would love to have seen the final whistle moment with the fan and the players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jayajosh said:

Would love to have seen the final whistle moment with the fan and the players.

He should do the tunnel jump.
  • Options
    I went to Pisa on my own during the Selhurst days for a PSF and never saw another CAFC fan. No photo evidence, mind you...
  • Options
    It's quite amazing to think that a side who get about 20k most home games and play in europe each season couldn't find more than 1 fan to travel to an away game which isn't even that far really.
  • Options
    What a loyal, true supporter :-)
  • Options
    That is brilliant and away fan culture is not what it is in the UK, which does not make them wrong, just different.
  • Options
    But does he go to the reserve team games in Watford?
  • Options
    Seb's long lost Italian brother?
  • Options

Seb's long lost Italian brother?

Match made in heaven.
  • Options
    bloodnut said:

his mexican wave is crap too.

LOL
  • Options
    Ironic that he saw a rare win for our Italian partners!