Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I hate Steve Kavanagh

Bloody rip off merchant nicking my ideas. : - )

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/051212-fans-forum-527060.aspx

A chance for Blues fans to get their voices heard

Chief executive Steve Kavanagh is delighted to announce the creation of Blues Fans’ Forum.

Following three meetings with The Shrimpers Trust, Shrimperzone and The Blue Voice the latest of which was last Monday, Steve has decided to launch the Blues Fans’ Forum in order to help the Club move forward - and you can play a big role.

Steve said: “When I started at Southend United I spoke about the need for regular meetings and communication with the supporters.

“I have met with representatives from The Shrimpers Trust, Shrimperzone, and the Blue Voice.

“I am keen to ensure that all fan groups are given the opportunity to join the regular meetings, but it is important that they are representative of a group of supporters.

“So if there are other fan groups that I have not engaged with I would encourage them to contact me, or individuals can get in touch with The Shrimpers Trust to get more actively involved in your club.”

The purpose of the forum is to create regular formal meetings where issues and ideas can be shared to help in moving the Club forwards. Supporters should know who is representing them so that every fan has an open communication channel with the Club.

The intention is not to be a one-way street either, with the Club looking to the forum to come up with ideas and to gauge opinion of the fans as a whole on key issues that have an impact on them.

Many clubs have implemented the concept successfully and it has helped create a good relationship where the fans feel like their opinion is valued, that’s exactly what Steve wants here.

He added: “It’s not a new concept and it is something I have always actively encouraged. The idea is to ensure there is real visibility of the forum and that this empowers fans with positive ideas to get in touch with a representative on the forum or their group and to get involved in making Southend United a better place.

“The idea is not to detract from the excellent work The Shrimpers Trust, The Blue Voice or Shrimperzone do; or for them to be seen as the club’s mouth pieces.

“This is about having an open debate on issues but also working together to deliver change where it is needed. This forum should, in my view, help support the position of these supporters’ groups and enhance their purpose as a collective to represent fans’ views.”

If you have any issues or ideas you would like to share in order to help the Club move in the right direction, you can email fansforum@southend-united.co.uk.

Comments

• Options
    Bit fishy if you ask me !
  • Options
    Prawn sandwich brigade the lot of 'em.
  • Options
    Better off getting a Fans' Director
  • Options
    I'm sure the idea was Wendy Perfects idea Ben. I remember being at a meeting many years ago when the topic was first ever discussed, which after her tenure it's was an open election (which you won)
  • Options
    I'm sure the idea was Wendy Perfects idea Ben. I remember being at a meeting many years ago when the topic was first ever discussed, which after her tenure it's was an open election (which you won)
  • Options
    is our Fans Forum still operational or has it been disbanded?
  • Options
    They'll be doing Target 10,000 and football for a fiver next.......................
  • Options
    Gumbo said:

Whoooooooosh
  • Options
    Was you not implying that its was your idea then?
  • Options
    Gumbo said:

Was you not implying that its was your idea then?

Whooooooooooooooosh and again whoooooooooooosh

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's whooshed me as well. What you talkin 'bout Willis ?
  • Options

It's whooshed me as well. What you talkin 'bout Willis ?

It was a joke, I like Kav.
  • Options
    Yes we know that :-)

The point is you didn't answer Gumbo's question. Whose idea was it originally at Charlton ?
  • Options
    Steve Wagott's
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Yes we know that :-)

The point is you didn't answer Gumbo's question. Whose idea was it originally at Charlton ?

Mine, as I said but it wasn't the same time as I coined Spanners and toolbox. That was a lot earlier : - )

• Options
    why have i got that tune by joe esposito 'your the best' going round in my head... it was surely written for you henry?
  • Options
    wish i could post a youtube clip to add effect to my last comment.
  • Options
    Not written for me, written by me.

: - )
  • Options
    i got in on now... its so you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now talking about 'football for a fiver' - wonder where he got that idea from!

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/10448087.Southend_United_seek_home_help/?ref=mr

• Options
    Forget all this mural business. I think it's time the club started showing Henry the respect he deserves ;-)

• Options
    Stig said:

Forget all this mural business. I think it's time the club started showing Henry the respect he deserves ;-)

P*** off : - )

I think maybe a toilet block would do!
  • Options
    "I think maybe a toilet block would do!"

No, it's not as effective
  • Options

Stig said:

P*** off : - )

I think maybe a toilet block would do!
    Why Henry? Do you smell like one?.....

• Options
    Boringly enough, I was down Bond Street yesterday
  • Options
    They had the very original idea of playing all their home games on Friday to attract premiership fans, they should go back to that instead of just rolling out the schemes that work in other places for other types of fans.
  • Options
    Stig said:

That bloke to the right, walking in the road is picking his nose.
  • Options
    And the kid in the orange/red jacket is being forced to go and see Charlton.......
  • Options
    Always came across as disinterested during my time on the FF....just the way I saw it of course, but then again he wasnt as senior back then.