Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amateur Boxing

Just wondering if anyone else on here has any kids/relatives who do amateur boxing?

My 12yo won his first bout last week and is fighting again tonight in Sidcup.

Every kid appears to be a Spanner......both my boys are known as 'Charlton' at their gym, not even sure they know their 1st names!

Comments

• Options
    and I bet them 'millwalls' names are Charlie, Georgie, Harry or Teddy

Congrats BTW
  • Options
    Sue's brother Chris does I'm sure. And he's charlton but a bit older than your son.
  • Options

and I bet them 'millwalls' names are Charlie, Georgie, Harry or Teddy

Congrats BTW

Oh yeah, all the stereotypes are actually true...

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Sue's brother Chris does I'm sure. And he's charlton but a bit older than your son.

Oh right, I don't know Chris....

Also, anyone knows where I can get a decent sized Charlton badge/patch for my boys shorts...have been looking around with no success.

• Options
    inboxed you mate
  • Options
    I want to, Mum is being stubborn though and is not budging at all!
  • Options
    Yeah, my son does. Hope he takes his earring out first though:

• Options
    Which Club Stig? My son just won his 2nd fight tonight. So is 2 from 2. I find it extremely stressful watching.
  • Options
    Southend Boxing Club (Lifstan Way)

Well done to your boy. Never watched mine. I think he's worried that we'd freak out or something so we've not been invited.
  • Options
    My boys have done all sports but this is geuninely murder to watch. You soon realise it's the ultimate sport.

No hiding place, no excuses, no corners to cut...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done on your boys wins falcon wood . I lost my first fight got battered my two brothers I think won theirs , getting in there under those lights is something totally different than any sport , I have still good friends from it years later . There was a show Friday at the sundridge club I was supposed to go watch but the lad opponent pulled out so didn't bother going to
  • Options
    That's the other thing Nolly, a family spent £200 on dinner tickets, only for ther other fighter not to show! Really bad form that.

I have a 9 year old, who is better than the older one, who cannot wait to get started......not sure my nerves can take it to be honest.
  • Options
    Good on em mate, good on you taking them too
  • Options
    Nice one falconwood , can't believe i wanted to steal his winnings the other week , he would of battered me !
  • Options
    Ha! Spent already on an x box!
  • Options

Ha! Spent already on television x !

Typical
  • Options
    Let em loose on millwall in march maybe some of the scared ones can walk behind them
  • Options

Ha! Spent already on television x !

Typical
    Ha!

He's good kid, used the rest buying the family Christmas presents....and a month subscription for 'Essex Wives 40+' for the old man!