Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liam Ridgewell : Have we Done This?

I see local boy Liam has fallen foul of the old vulgar-prank-exposed-by-the-papers, for his wiping his bum with a twenty.

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2242272/Liam-Ridgewell-exposed-toilet-picture-20-notes.html

Anybody apoplectic about this?

I was thinking that next trip to the toolbox we could get him to decorate the facilities.

Comments

• Options
    Im not entirely sure why everyone is in an uproar about this. He is the lucky benefitter of private enterprise in a wealthy industry where employers pay high salaries to their employees.

Is he supposed to live, pretending to care about the lack of financial equality in the UK? pfft
  • Options
    Anyone who is annoyed about this sort of stuff really needs to get a life.

Same old tripe comes out in the papers - "Oh, but there are people out there grafting for minimum wage. Nurses, doctors blah blah blah"

So? Has nothing to do with Liam Ridgewell or the football industry whatsoever.

I'm more annoyed that the papers felt it was right of them to publish it.
  • Options
    As far as I can work out it was done as a private joke to a mate, not like he is actually wiping his backside with twenties. Still though gives fuel for the papers, so perhaps a bit silly but nothing more. Was it the SUn calling him the most dispicable player in the country? Think we could all name a lot more who are a lot more dispicable.
  • Options
    He is my brothers mate. Bro text him about it and liam said he had a bet with one of his team mates and took the photo to wind his mate up.

Dont look good but he has been stitched up by someone
  • Options
    Liam's not a flash wanker. This was a bet wind up with mates that wasn't supposed to go public.

Just another excuse for joe public to have a moan about over paid footballers.

We know how much they earn, so no idea why people are so outraged by this photo.
  • Options
    Stuff and nonsense. Stuff and nonsense.
  • Options
    I can just imagine the Daily Mail readers in absolute uproar! It should be tempered somewhat by the royal baby news though............

Who really cares though? Just a set up by a mate for a laugh-get over it and stop reading those tabloids, they'll warp your brain.
  • Options
    There's a crisp £20 note down the pan.

It's his money, he can do what he likes with it.

No different from pissing it up the wall on a night out.

• Options
    Here's the Sun's story:

thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4676674/liam-ridgewell-wipes-backside-with-20-pound-notes.html

"The vilest footballer in Britain"

Yeah of course he is
  • Options
    Worse than rooney cheating on his preggers missus. Dont know why i ever used to buy that rag
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting that the papers seem to be livid about this, whereas most things I've read on forums etc consider it a non-issue - especially when taken in context.

It's by no means the worst thing a footballer has done by a long shot.
  • Options
    Well i think he is a tight wad as i wipe mine with 50's and use 20's to light the gas oven
  • Options
    What a LAD.
  • Options
    he might have been really desperate and there is not enough bog roll to get rid of a serious clinger
  • Options
    Worse than serial cheat Ashley Cole, worse than convicted rapist Ched Evans, worse than racist love rat John Terry, worse than murderer Lee Hughes, worse than Marlon "what have I not been nicked for" King. Quality journalism.

Shouldn't be wiping his arse on £20 notes though, much better to use the front cover of the Currant Bun.
  • Options
    But that's already full of s***
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Shouldn't be wiping his arse on £20 notes though, much better to use the front cover of the Currant Bun.

It would be brilliant if he tweeted a new picture of him doing that!

The only reason they have tagged him the vilest footballer in Britain is because there are a load of simple minded people out there who will just latch onto the outrage and see it as a useful way to brand Football as an evil game and promote Rugby (a game played by gentlemen, yeah alright).

• Options
    Defacing banknotes is illegal - £200 fine. But oddly that's only for defacing a note by writing on it. Smearing crap on a note doesn't seem to count. Perhaps wiping one's bum with a picture of the Queen is high treason? :-)
    BTW is that really his house? You'd think he could afford to have someone design a decent looking bog with some modern built-in porcelain wouldn't you? Plenty of money but no style, I suppose.
    Anyway, he should be hung, drawn and quartered for having those truly awful tattoos.
  • Options
    Like this character from the ever hilarious Mail comments section
    Doesn't he know that there are people out there that would do anything to have £20! Yet he is using it as toilet paper! Absolutely disgusting!
  • Options
    Would love to see a picture of him wiping his arse with The Sun and see what they think of that. Probably create better journalism anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where abouts is Liam from ?
  • Options
    Bexleyheath
  • Options

Bexleyheath

cheers Gary. From Bexleyheath myself, but I'm a few years older than him (maybe why I didn't know that).
  • Options
    He would be better spending it on a nose job, rather than an arse wipe!:-)
  • Options
    Fifties are much softer. I gave up on twenties after a particulary nasty paper-cut............
  • Options
    Liam ran out of bog roll as the Palace Ultra's bought it all up to throw around at shithurst park when the players come out.
  • Options
    He was in the bogs at millwall

We now know who some the dirty protest and how
  • Options
    Went to Bedonwell and Welling schools. Seen his signed Villa shirt in Bedonwell Juniors when my lads were there 8-10 years ago
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    He went bexleyheath secondary.
  • Options
    And if you wish to know anymore about Liam you can ask ValleyGary at www.LiamRidgewellFansclub.com