Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

R.I.P Mitchell Cole

@BBCSport: The first player to score a competitive goal at the new Wembley Stadium, Mitchell Cole, has died aged 27 the Football League has confirmed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/football/20569768
Such a Tragedy
R.I.P

Comments

• Options
    That is really sad. My thoughts go out to his wife and family. RIP young man.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Rip
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Played for my local side , Biggleswade Town , last year - very sad. R.I.P
  • Options
    very sad ..just to young RIP
  • Options
    Was at that game at Wembley.

Part of the team that set Stevenage off on their incredible run of the last few years.

Real shame. RIP.
  • Options
    Life is so precious god bless you Mitchell RIP
  • Options
    Was in the Grays athletic dream team that also contained the likes of Kightly,Eastwood and Hooper.A tidy little player.
    Shocking news.RIP
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    So sad. He finally hung his boots up after seeing Fabrice Muamba collapse on the pitch last year. Knew there was a 1% chance of dying every day & that playing quadrupled that. Awful for a seemingly strong man to live with that knowledge. Thoughts with his family, RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shit, really is! Rest in peace man
  • Options
    What a sad story. It does make you wonder how this could happen to a fit young man with a previously diagnosed heart condition, if indeed his death was related to his cardiac defect. He would seem to have been the perfect candidate for a heart transplant if there was no other alternative to cure his condition. Too late now, RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    How sad....my thoughts go out to his family and friends...the boy was the same age as my eldest lad. RIP
  • Options
    So Young,so sad. R.I.P
  • Options
    Rip
  • Options
    Noticed AFC Wimbledon players were wearing armband with 'Mitch' written in them today. Nice touch.
    RIP
  • Options
    very sad news. One of the best Non league players i ever saw when he was at grays and played against welling. Scored a screamer of a left foot. RIP