Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst ever Charlton signing

We've signed some poor players in our time but for me the worst signing ever was Ben Thatcher - most despicable player I've had the misfortune to watch. I can forgive ineptitude but not thuggery.

Comments

• Options
    Francis Jeffers, what a massive waste of money he was.
  • Options
    Simon francis
  • Options
    Omar pouso
  • Options
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
  • Options
    Cory Gibbs
  • Options
    Djimi Traoré
  • Options
    Izale McLeod
  • Options
    Ralph Milne has got to be up there.
  • Options
    cafc4ever said:

I still can't believe we spent 2.6 million on that bloke.
  • Options
    Racon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gary Rowett has to be a good shout.

I didn't like Neil Redfearn much.
  • Options

Racon

thats millwalls - at least he pretended to play for us
  • Options
    The Golden Triangle: Faye, Diawara and Traore - couldn't put a hair between them and they basically epitomise the reason we fell so hard so fast, we wasted millions on players who didn't deliver - and were never likely to.

That summer madness of 2006 post-Curbs when we let Mr. Incredible loose with the cheque book ended up costing this club a huge amount of time, money and pride and plenty of good people lost their jobs because of it.

Fifteen years hard work down the toilet because of one man's idiotic buys, thanks Dowie.
  • Options
    Frank Nouble
  • Options
    neil redfearn
  • Options
    Karim bagheri
  • Options

The Golden Triangle: Faye, Diawara and Traore - couldn't put a hair between them and they basically epitomise the reason we fell so hard so fast, we wasted millions on players who didn't deliver - and were never likely to.

That summer madness of 2006 post-Curbs when we let Mr. Incredible loose with the cheque book ended up costing this club a huge amount of time, money and pride and plenty of good people lost their jobs because of it.

Fifteen years hard work down the toilet because of one man's idiotic buys, thanks Dowie.

decent summary - the man can hardly string a sentence together, let alone run a football team.
  • Options

The Golden Triangles: Faye, Diawara and Traore - couldn't put a hair between them and they basically epitomise the reason we fell so hard so fast, we wasted millions on players who didn't deliver - and were never likely to.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Remember looking on the Newcastle and Liverpool message boards at the time re Faye and Traore. "Can't believe someone paid money for him" was the general theme. Celebrated the news of Dowie's departure like a last minute winner in the cup final.
  • Options
    Simon Walton
  • Options
    Brendan O'Connell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Diawarra was a cracking player, bit unfair for him to be in this list....as for the others, all gash. Id add Rommendahl, must have cost us a small fortune in wages and he didnt perform generally. I'd add Andy Jones too
  • Options
    diawarra got his act together eventually but the first 6 months he was utter pants
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2012
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - on massive wages, no mobility, past it, blocked youth development, terrible attitude and always complaining. The start of the madness, where the club threw its money away.
  • Options
    Amdy Faye.
  • Options
    Hasselbaink.
  • Options
    vff said:

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - on massive wages, no mobility, past it, blocked youth development, terrible attitude and always complaining. The start of the madness, where the club threw its money away.

I hate Hasselbaink. I saw him in a gym and he was really rude too. Can't stand him

• Options
    No Marcus bent yet? Most of the 2006/07 squad hold a special place in my heart

Redfearn was disappointing as was rommedahl, and Jeffers, and Bradley Allen.

And Simon Francis

And Alan McCormack

In fact other than powells signings there have been some stinkers over the last 6/7 years
  • Options
    Pawel Abbott, big reputation but utter shite for us!
  • Options

cafc4ever said:

I still can't believe we spent 2.6 million on that bloke.
    We didnt. We spent about 500k. The fee was linked to appearances.
  • Options
    Surely Rowett, cost 3.5m but hardly played. That's what constitutes a bad bad signing, not Marcus bent who at least scored a few goals.