Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Agents fees

Can't see a thread already......

On the OS, "Charlton announced on Friday that the club paid the sum of £233,098 to agents between the period of October 1st, 2011 and September 30th, 2012."

That's just for agents!

Comments

• Options
    Seems pretty good considering Man C spent over £10M :-)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

On the OS, "Charlton announced on Friday that the club paid the sum of £233,098 to agents between the period of October 1st, 2011 and September 30th, 2012."

That's just for agents!

Jeez that's a scary amount given it doesn't include summer 2011's spend up. I wonder how much was to Wilson's agent?

• Options

Oggy Red said:

That's just for agents!

Jeez that's a scary amount given it doesn't include summer 2011's spend up. I wonder how much was to Wilson's agent?

Not necessarily, depends how it's worked out. If it's cash paid to agents between those dates, is it possible that a) we were a little late paying some of them for the 2011 deals and/or b) some of the payments were appearance related and weren't triggered until later? Just a thought...
  • Options
    Ric Fuller's agent perhaps?
  • Options
    Is Jimenez a registered agent - maybe a way of paying himself a salary?
  • Options
    i would assume that some of the money also relates to the new contracts the club dished out to existing players (Kermorgant for example), not just new signings.
  • Options
    still don;t understand why the club pays agents fees - surely its the players that employ/use an agent so they should be the ones paying them a cut. I understand we may approach agents to see if a player wants a move, but ultmately if the player moves then he should pay the agent.
  • Options

still don;t understand why the club pays agents fees - surely its the players that employ/use an agent so they should be the ones paying them a cut. I understand we may approach agents to see if a player wants a move, but ultmately if the player moves then he should pay the agent.

No, since Steve Jones' runner, Agents insists on the clubs paying upfront! ;-)
  • Options

Ultimately I don't think it matters - if the players paid the agents then clubs would just be charged a larger fee on top to take care of it. So either way, the club would have to pay. That agents exist in the first place suggests that there must be a demand for their services so as much as we don't like it they're here to stay.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    West Ham £4.3m.

Was Harry still there?
  • Options
    So our average Agent's Fee per transaction was £4,080, compared to The Wendies of £7,077.

West Hams worked out at £62,526 and even Palace's was £19,516.