Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Salim Kerkar - Views?

Before I start, I would like to point out I am not one to criticise any player, I only express a concern.
This may cause a few people to give me stick, but I am worried about Kerkar playing away at Millwall on Saturday.

I fear it'll be a too big of a game for him physically and could cost us. Kerkar has a great delivery and can play in a couple of different positions which provides us with the balance that CP's teams are built upon. However, he is far too light weight, especially for someone of his height. He worries me when tracking back (almost gave away a penalty last night) and his inability to head the ball every time could be a weak point against Millwall.

I support every player that wears the shirt, but I think it would be a good move for Kerkar to be left out on Saturday. If we are getting new investors, I would like to see that area significantly strengthened in January.

It would be good to hear other people's views of Kerkar as a player and your thoughts on how he would be at The Den on Saturday?

Comments

• Options
    I just don't rate him. He's not one to leave a foot or go in hard is he? His crossing is very hit and miss and we have better options on the left in my opinion.
  • Options
    I quite like him and think he's the best we have for the left wing.
  • Options
    Agree - lots of debate on this on the "Our midfield" thread.
  • Options
    I like him, think he adds a different dimension, one of the few players on the pitch that will beat a man and played some very tidy football at times last night. I've even been pleasantly surprised at the defensive side of his game, when he first played for us I assumed he had none at all - I also don't really think it's a wingers job to leave a foot in or go in hard.

Would be interested to know who you think are the better options on the left though? That's not mean as a dig, I can't really even think of a single candidate?
  • Options
    My opinion is that hes used often as a utility player and kind of does a job? Dont really rate him thogh
  • Options
    Some like him, others like myself are still undecided.

Personally I dont think he can shoot, tackle, and head the ball. He has no pace to scare the full back and he is too weak.
  • Options
    Not a left back. Not sure he's even a LM either although the large number of assists (someone said 6 already this season) shows he has something.

At Fulham he played CM and was very effective. Set up a goal that day.

He's not a natural defender but he tracks back and he can tackle and head. Not the best at it but he doesn't hide.

He can pick out a pass and he has a trick or seven.

Considering how few games he has played and never in a settled team or position he's done well so far IMHO.
  • Options

I like him, think he adds a different dimension, one of the few players on the pitch that will beat a man and played some very tidy football at times last night. I've even been pleasantly surprised at the defensive side of his game, when he first played for us I assumed he had none at all - I also don't really think it's a wingers job to leave a foot in or go in hard.

Would be interested to know who you think are the better options on the left though? That's not mean as a dig, I can't really even think of a single candidate?

I don't think we do have a better option on the left, and that is the real worry. If there is any new money I would put a good left midfielder top of my shopping list in January.
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, has Kerkar appeared in an Old Firm Derby?
  • Options
    That's the thing, I agree with Davo55 we don't have another option on the left that would keep our balance. Must sign a new LM in January if we can.

He doesn't hide and you can't fault his effort at all. yes he does have a good delivery when given the chance. I just feel against a team and game like Millwall, he will be out of his depth and could cost us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

came on as a sub in 1/2 according to my rangers mate
  • Options

Came on as a sub in Celtic's 3 - 0 win over Rangers back in April.

But the old firm atmosphere will be nothing compared to the New Den : - )

• Options
    Looks a little too lazy/casual at times.

Needs to be on top of his game on Saturday.
  • Options
    I thought he had his best game (I should say half) last night and he went past his man on a number of occasions getting into some very dangerous positions. I do however agree with the majority on kerkar in that he has no pace, mimimal trickery and is lightweight...also his heading technique seems to be to stand a yard from where the ball is coming down and jump as it flies over his head.

He has a good left foot from set pieces and just like when we were on our very dismal run can't fault his or any other players commitment.

If he plays on the weekend I will support him like the majority I sit around at the valley but you can support and team while at the same time recognise its weaknesses and I'm afriad for me kerkar is our biggest one
  • Options
    For me, he's a bit like Danny Green; he clearly has the ability but fails to consistently use it to warrant his place in the team. Definitely a confidence player. Subs-bench would be my view.
  • Options
    Very average player who lacks physical strength and gifts possession away too easily. Always appears clumsy to me but does somehow manage to get past players.
  • Options
    drop him. Pritch in the middle, jackson back on the left. Jackson Pritch Frimmy Green for me
  • Options
    He's ok on the left of midfield but I'm not keen on him at left back . I don't think he's as bad as some make out but I think he's a squad player rather than a first teamer.
  • Options

He's ok on the left of midfield but I'm not keen on him at left back . I don't think he's as bad as some make out but I think he's a squad player rather than a first teamer.

Agree. Right now he's the best we have for LM.

Come Jan and we splash the Kroner/Lira/whatever it is next week we can see if there anyone better we can bring in.
  • Options
    SuperYann said:

drop him. Pritch in the middle, jackson back on the left. Jackson Pritch Frimmy Green for me

Jackson is worse than Kerkar at LM so this would weaken the team in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would have possibly been ok in League One but not in the championship. He has absolutely no physical strength and will lose 9/10 50/50 balls.

He is useful in the area level with the penalty box though. That's the only place I have ever seen him put a decent cross in from.

Having said that in my opinion he had his best game for us yet against Peterborough though (think I still only gave him 5.5 or 6/10 though.
  • Options
    Wiggins returning is key here. The Wiggo / Jacko combo on on the left was massive for us last year.

So I would say Wilson, Stephens, Frimpong, Jacko. With Pritchard adding a body to the middle if we ever need to go 4-5-1
  • Options
    He just cant head a ball at all which is one reason for not playing him at full back.
    However he gives real balance to the side on the left.
  • Options
    Im with Sage on Kerkar, undecided, that said bottling at least one tackle and one header v Posh, didnt endear him to many fans in the NW, and gave away what appeared a penalty lucky the ref was checking his socks at the time!!
  • Options
    I think the bad might just out do the good. Who else have we got in the position though!? JJ is best placed in the center for me.
  • Options
    I like him, does something a bit different. For a free he's been a decent aquisition. Actually stays wide unlik jacko who always drifts inside. Equal top assists for the season. After just a few games he's equal 7th compared to last year's record busting league one team. What do we want?
  • Options
    How about trying Evina on LW when fit?
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Having said that in my opinion he had his best game for us yet against Peterborough though (think I still only gave him 5.5 or 6/10 though.

He was better v Cardiff IMHO where he made 3 of our 5 goals but this seems to have been forgotten or ignored.

• Options
    Hes good at beating his man.
    Cant defend
  • Options
    dizzee said:

How about trying Evina on LW when fit?

very good shout actually!