Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darren Bent

Comments

• The reason Liverpool didn't buy Dempsey is the owner refused to pay that amount for someone of his age so doubt they will buy Bent, Sturridge maybe

True, but Villa want Bent's massive wages off their books so would probably be willing to let him go at a reduced fee.

Lambert has put his balls on the line by dropping Bent - a proven top-class Premiership goalscorer - and putting in Weimann and Benteke - look at the results, Villa are in the bottom three and have scored 10 goals in 13 games - the lowest scorers in the league.

IMHO Lambert picked a fight with Bent to put his 'stamp' on the club - it might turn out to be a very, very unwise choice to have made.

If you get Benty service he will score goals, his record proves it, Lambert should have fixed the supply line not the finisher.
  • Villa won't let him go for less then 10 million Liverpool won't pay 10 million for him, I completely agree with you Lambert has choose the wrong person to pick on. This fight will cost him his job.
  • Ain't he been injured for the last 6 to weeks though

I don't think lambert has the balls or the stupidity to do that

• Villa won't let him go for less then 10 million Liverpool won't pay 10 million for him, I completely agree with you Lambert has choose the wrong person to pick on. This fight will cost him his job.

Liverpool won't pay top dollar for a 29 year-old, they are looking to bring in young players who can increase in value, but they desperately need a goalscorer to take the weight off Suarez.
  • Liverpool should've signed judas Defoe

Benty will come home I can feel it he knows that the only place he really was loved and felt at home was here

We go up in the next two yrs benty comes home
  • Always thought Wenger should have taken Bent to Arsenal....with the amount of chances they create he'd score a ton.
  • DanDavis said:

Always thought Wenger should have taken Bent to Arsenal....with the amount of chances they create he'd score a ton.

Read a report this morning saying that Arsenal were planning to sign Stewart Downing from Liverpool.......!
  • DanDavis said:

Always thought Wenger should have taken Bent to Arsenal....with the amount of chances they create he'd score a ton.

Read a report this morning saying that Arsenal were planning to sign Stewart Downing from Liverpool.......!
    Really??? I'd be very disappointed if we signed that useless twat, nevermind Arsenal.
  • I think he was pretty popular at Sunderland as well.
  • and Ipswich
  • Sponsored links:

• Talking to some Villa fans on Saturday and none of them had a good word to say about Darren. He should've stayed at Sunderland. They adored him there.
  • Play to his strengths and he will score goals.I think bent forced the move to villa so it's his own fault he is in this position.
  • DanDavis said:

Really??? I'd be very disappointed if we signed that useless twat, nevermind Arsenal.
    If we really had the choice - Downing at Left Mid, or stick with Kerkar? He's not that bad mate!
  • Should have stayed with us b would've fired us straight back up
  • no way would he drop to the champ, easily good enough for the prem. Hes a player that needs to play week in week out to get the best out of him. Maybe if by some miracle we went up this season we could get him. I loved him at Charlton.
  • I think Charlton is the only club he's left on good terms. Didn't he throw his toys out the pram at Ipswich and Sunderland? Top player, would take him back in half a heartbeat
  • His best form has always been at the valley. We used him in the right way, he won't come back though, no chance.
  • johnny73 said:

Play to his strengths and he will score goals.

It's a tried and tested formula.

I'm amazed by managers who try to make a sows ear out of a silk purse, and play a player hopelessly out of position. No, not you, Sir Chris.

;o)

• If he ever comes to the Valley I will sing "I will always love you" in a silly high voice.
  • I think Lambert has made a huge mistake in dropping Bent and one that will cost them. He has been linked with QPR and Liverpool today.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Lambert has made a huge mistake in dropping Bent and one that will cost them. He has been linked with QPR and Liverpool today.

But has he dropped him? I thought he's been out injured for a while

But has he dropped him? I thought he's been out injured for a while
    He might be injured at the moment but Lambert dropped him before that anyway and has been playing Benteke.
  • He was match fit and training all week prior to last saturday's game with Arsenal. Come home Darren!
  • As if he would come here. Darren is all about the money (like everyone I know).
  • They have a new bent, but i think he has been injured alot of this season and has played when fit..
  • Apparently he still has a flat near O2 arena, lets hope he was keeping it to come back here.

QPR? Surely Sandra Redknapp would do better up top for them?
  • Think he would be ideal for Liverpool,they clearly will not make the CL this year and Bent has a point to prove.
  • Suarez will go soon anyway I think,

I think Lambert has made a huge mistake in dropping Bent and one that will cost them. He has been linked with QPR and Liverpool today.

QPR? Surely Sandra Redknapp would do better up top for them?
    Yeah doubt Arry will buy him after that comment!
  • Anyone with any hope of Darren coming back to Charlton in the foreseeable future needs there bumps feeling.