Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Redknapp - New QPR manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20466488

Think he has walked into a brick wall, he won't keep them up, they are beyond repair.

Never rule out anything in football though, especially where 'arry is concerned.

Comments

• Options
    The bloke will be like a pig in shit during the transfer window......................

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
  • Options
    He has got his dream job, can only get better and as much money for players as he could ever want, would love so much for him to fail but im sure he will just about keep them up and the media can start there love in again.
  • Options
    Only 5 points from safety, some poor teams down there. Will keep them up easy imo.
  • Options
    "QPR only had 4 pts from 12 games when I took over."

Sky will be delighted they'll have some action now on transfer deadline day!
  • Options
    Will finish lower mid table
  • Options
    QPR fans now have hope, and the players, more belief, but he did relegate Southampton in 05.

It is hard to tell the outcome of this one. Wouldn't suprise me if they finished the season with 15pts and equally if they finished 15th in the table.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

QPR fans now have hope, and the players, more belief, but he did relegate Southampton in 05.

Yes - but that was 7 years ago! I think he might have learnt a few things since then.
  • Options
    Thing is the players he has at his disposal should be enough to keep them up anyway. Cisse, Park, Taarabt, Julio Cesar, Granero, Diakite and M'bia are names that should add quality to any mid table Prem side, it just hasn't clicked for them yet.
  • Options
    QPR have the basis of a good competitive squad in the prem the question is have they too much to make up
  • Options
    Good players, poor team.

Still going down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He should start by getting rid of that cart horse Anton Ferdinand. Nothing but a liability for them.
  • Options
    Wow. There's a surprise.
  • Options
    Will be great spectator sport. At least they now have an outside chance of avoiding the drop.
  • Options
    Harry interview on FF now.

"When did you get the call Harry?"

"I got the call on Wednes .... er .... I was at the golf club, I've lost track of the days, I got the call after I heard that Mark Hughes had left. They rang me to say that Mark Hughes had left and did I fancy it."

Laughable amount of ducking, diving and contradictions in his opening sentence!
  • Options
    He'll keep them up .. he's the best English manager (except for Lord Llewellyn) in the last 20 years
  • Options
    But Arry! What about the Ukraine? The chance to finally show your skills on the international stage? Those 'great people' you met? What's that? No transfer budget, relocate to Kiev...oh.
  • Options
    Top 6
  • Options
    I think he'll keep them up with ease actually
  • Options
    Let's look at it from his managerial record point of view.

If we say the benchmark for survival is 40 points. (looks like it may be lower this season but lets say 40 would mean keeping them up with ease)

13 games played 25 to go. QPR have 4 points so another 36 would be 12 wins, that means he needs to achieve a win ratio of 48%, that's about the same as he managed at Spurs and that was with a much better squad. And given his managerial career as a whole is 40% it could be close.

He may keep them up, I seriously doubt it will be with ease as their squad is full of dross, add in some expensive foreign imports who couldn't really give a toss and it's a dangerous combination. This job is tailor made for him, a chairman who won't say no, plenty of transfers to come in in January and we all know how he likes a signing. He is in a bit of a no lose situation, go down and he can blame Hughes, keep them up and he takes all the arse licking of the media and a big proportion of the general public.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    QPR showed promise today, as I've heard from the 1st 45 mins of the game at United, but they still lost.

Do people think Redknapp is a miracle worker? He is a very good manager but hardly anyone could turn the R's fortunes around at present, has a very difficult job on his hands.

Hughes has screwed em.
  • Options
    Must be missing the brown paper bags.
    Will his dog still be getting his wages?
  • Options

I think he'll keep them up with ease actually

This, can see him doing it comfortably

• Options
    I think he will keep them up but i disagree he is a very good manager, it's just Mark Hughes is a terrible manager but one im sure will soon find himself employed again like so many of those fergie friends/ex man utd players.
  • Options
    I missed seeing the obligatory interview with 'arry through his open car window on transfer deadline day - glad that's back for January.

Will we see Beckham in a QPR shirt?
  • Options
    He'll keep them up, Beckham will probably end up there too.
  • Options
    I reckon he will try and bring in Parker from Spurs. Parker is out until Christmas but he might not be in AVB's plans anyway.

Parker would be a perfect signing for QPR.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I reckon he will try and bring in Parker from Spurs. Parker is out until Christmas but he might not be in AVB's plans anyway.

Parker would be a perfect signing for QPR.

Tbh, Parker has got a lot to do to get in the Spurs team ahead of Sandro, who's been head and shoulers our best player this season, so maybe not in January but can see Harry come in for him in the summer.
  • Options
    Wonder if he'll want hulse back?.....................
  • Options
    I'm starting to like Redknapp now strangely enough. Didn't have a high opinion of him previously. Something about this QPR appointment has made me think he is a real football man taking on a big challenge. His outspoken persona can be quite good at times. As least he says what he means.