Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• That's ridiculous.
  • Winning a European cup not a good enough CV?

Still, sacking a manager every season seems to work for Chelsea so the logical next step is......

POWELL OUT

: - )
  • How on earth is Mark Hughes still in his job if this is the level we're at.
  • Romans lost it
  • Is football now trying to imitate The X Factor?
  • Joke club, money cannot buy class!!

• who would want to work for that lot (supose they payoff helps)

mind you we sacked parky when he'd got us into the play offs
  • So is it Harry until the end of the season if Pep Guardiola wants a year off?
  • Chelsea job lengths ... Di Matteo 262 days. Villas-Boas 257 days. Scolari 244 days
  • Sponsored links:

• disgraceful
  • The team all in a daze.
  • Still, they keep winning stuff, don't they...
  • JT said:

Chelsea job lengths ... Di Matteo 262 days. Villas-Boas 257 days. Scolari 244 days

Who cares? The pay- offs for the rest of their contracts have probably set them up for life! No sympathy here at all...
  • worked well in the short term to keep Terry, Lampard & Drogba happy but in fairness he doesn't convince as a top-level manager and Roman should have been ruthless in the summer
  • I'm not suggesting we send them Christmas cards !
  • This is crazy. His only failing has been not getting in proper comp for Torres who blows more hot & cold than my failing air con unit in my office. They could still qualify in the Champs League and are doing OK in the league, madness.
  • who gets the job ? ... the way Abramovic gets through managers is like Stalin with his WW2 generals
  • Bit of a surprise. Nice to see Chelsea showing their usual lack of class. Christ, the bloke only won the FA Cup and the CL 6 months ago...and they were top only a matter of weeks ago. There's no disgrace in losing 2-1 to WBA at the Hawthorns either, its a bloody tough place to go these days.

I reckon it'll be Harry. Chelsea were sniffing around him before they appointed Di Matteo.
  • JT said:

Chelsea job lengths ... Di Matteo 262 days. Villas-Boas 257 days. Scolari 244 days

Following that pattern, they're never going to have a manager in post for more than a year ever again.

• Sponsored links:

• As soon as I heard " Breaking news " on the sports section from Five Live, I knew it would be this .

Don't know anything about last night's match except the score but the defeat must have been the last straw....

• Crazy but it does seem to work for them and if PG is interested then there is no contest, they have made the right choice.
  • Crazy but it does seem to work for them and if PG is interested then there is no contest, they have made the right choice.

I very much doubt it will be the right choice. Even if they do manage to lure Guardiola, Chelsea are not going to suddenly start playing like Barcelona. Can you really see Abramovic giving him the time and money to rebuild the squad in Barcelona's image?

• He was never wanted longer than the end of last season but winning the Champions League meant they couldn't sack him. I bet Harry's dog is well pleased.
  • It was welll reported that Abramovich thought Di Matteo was lucky to win it and he thinks he can get a better manager in Guardiola. Makes more sense when you think about it than what it looks like on paper.
  • Surely all future entries for Chelsea should be listed under a new category ' Comedy Club '.
  • If they keep hiring quality managers as they have so far then they will be fine and keep winning trophies, the only issue could be down the line when most high profile managers have been already fired by them in the recent past.